PDA

View Full Version : $215s - Level 2 PVS

Unarmed
07-26-2005, 07:58 AM
Does anyone do this at the 215s?
I didn't want to but QTs stacks up pretty well against any hand and my stack is in need of a boost.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB (t855)
Hero (t525)
UTG (t960)
UTG+1 (t2560)
MP1 (t860)
MP2 (t1425)
MP3 (t925)
CO (t1010)
Button (t880)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls t30, MP1 calls t30, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls t30, Button calls t30, SB completes, I push

iMsoLucky0
07-26-2005, 08:16 AM
With your stack, I think this is a fine play. If you had many more chips at all I wouldn't like it.

durron597
07-26-2005, 09:34 AM
As usual, this play depends on your read of the openlimper. Is he the sort that never comes in except for a raise (and thus almost certainly has AA or KK here)? Or is he more likely limping suited connectors/suited aces/small pps?

Note the size of his stack, too. Do you think he will call your push with 77?

ChrisV
07-26-2005, 10:04 AM
Ick. I don't like it. You have a pretty big stack for the blinds. There's the chance of walking into a monster, getting called by AJ or similar, or the big stack calling you just for fun. I've seen stacks that large call these pushes with hands like QJ. I'd check and see if I can double through safely postflop.

Andrew Fletcher
07-26-2005, 10:55 AM
I don't like it. With the blinds only at 15/30, You've still got a little more than 10 rounds left in your stack. In almost 100 more hands, I feel like you can find a better spot. As an aside, how did you lose almost half your stack by the second level in the first place? I'm assuming you got nailed in some sort of mulitway that killed off the missing 10th player and gave UTG +1 all his chips.

Q10 is too weak of a hand to push with 5 callers. I think of them is going to call you and most likely have you dominated. With 5 callers + , there is still only t180 in the pot. Take a free flop and see what happens.

Andrew Fletcher
07-26-2005, 10:59 AM
As an aside, I'm not even sure what 5 limpers to the flop play looks like with Q10. What happens if you flop a Q? One of those limpers might have QJ, QK, or even AQ. It's a tough spot to be in. You've got to have at least two pair to really be comfortable.

Unarmed
07-26-2005, 11:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There's the chance of walking into a monster, getting called by AJ or similar

[/ QUOTE ]

If SB pushed and flipped up AJo I'd call. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

durron597
07-26-2005, 11:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]

If SB pushed and flipped up AJo I'd call. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Not if he had the A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, right?

Even if he doesn't have the A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, the EV of this move is 7 chips. Ok fine, it's +EV. Are you saying that your skill edge is not sufficient to turn down a +EV 7 chips move?

Unarmed
07-26-2005, 11:15 AM
I'm saying I hate my stack right now and I'm happy to "race" someone to get it back to a workable level.

durron597
07-26-2005, 11:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm saying I hate my stack right now and I'm happy to "race" someone to get it back to a workable level.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not really a race. If he doesn't have the A/images/graemlins/heart.gif you win 43% of the time (if he does have it you win 42% of the time). That means you're out 43% of the time; it's only marginally +EV because of the dead limper money. Not to mention UTG+1 could have been going for a limp reraise.

I think you still have time to wait for a higher EV move with less risk of gambler's ruin than Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif vs. AJo.

gumpzilla
07-26-2005, 11:23 AM
Think of it as an EV/hour consideration. Rather than waiting around for a better spot which might not come and being pretty unlikely to make the money, you take a marginal play now and either get back into real contention or just fire up another SNG.

durron597
07-26-2005, 11:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Think of it as an EV/hour consideration. Rather than waiting around for a better spot which might not come and being pretty unlikely to make the money, you take a marginal play now and either get back into real contention or just fire up another SNG.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hm. I don't play that way, but probably because I'm playing above my bankroll right now so I care more about ROI than $/hr. You make a good point though.

citanul
07-26-2005, 11:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hm, even considering what gump said, i don't think this is a great idea. i like the hand, but i dont think that the "gots to double up now now now" idea is the at great.

citanul

edit: when i said "i like the hand" it means that i like the play of this hand.

curtains
07-26-2005, 11:46 AM
Sometimes you get a 500 chip stack. That doesn't mean you want to start racing people without the proper odds to try to double up. Just relax, your situation isn't desperate.

That said I think pushing should be fine. I probably wouldn't do it here however, but it's okay.