PDA

View Full Version : What do YOU think about David Blane?

07-26-2005, 07:57 AM
I was wanting to know what you thought about David Blane. I have just recently seen a couple tv shows that he was on.

moondogg
07-26-2005, 07:58 AM
I don't

ChipWrecked
07-26-2005, 08:03 AM
Who?

deacsoft
07-26-2005, 08:04 AM
I think he's a weirdo. About 5 months ago a magician showed me how he does some of his tricks.

07-26-2005, 08:07 AM
which tricks were they?

deacsoft
07-26-2005, 08:11 AM
A couple of the card tricks and the floating a couple inches off the ground one.

07-26-2005, 08:13 AM
how does the levitation work?

stigmata
07-26-2005, 08:14 AM
It was good when he came to the UK and stayed in a glass box above the thames for a month or something. Everyone just threw eggs at him and generally took the piss, it was pretty funny. Somebody kept coming down with a ghetto blaster at night, so he wouldnt be able to sleep. Not sure what reaction he expected, but it was pretty obvious that was gonna happen.

Reef
07-26-2005, 08:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it's not levitation so much as doing a 1 leg calf raise at an odd angle with your other leg covering it

jakethebake
07-26-2005, 09:04 AM
this thread was raterted the first four times it was done.

bosoxfan
07-26-2005, 09:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
ghetto blaster

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that is funny.

-Skeme-
07-26-2005, 10:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Balducci method. Very easy to do. At least it's easy to do the normal way, as in without tricky camera angles and the aid of wires and [censored]. It's cool when you go about 3-4" off the ground then go back down.. terribly weak when you walk into a room and he's chilling on the cieling or something. I don't like the whole "defying the laws of physics" getup.

You can find a .doc file online where it explains a good portion of his tricks. I have the .doc and a .wmv of his tricks, it's cool because you can watch it and read along at the same time and understand what he's doing.

ddollevoet
07-26-2005, 11:00 AM
His tricks, while amazing to watch, are really not that difficult to do. Even a schmuck like me can do most of them.

I give him kudos for being able to promote himself to where he is today.

deacsoft
07-26-2005, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it's not levitation so much as doing a 1 leg calf raise at an odd angle with your other leg covering it

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's pretty much it. You just need the right angel, some decent balance, and the ability to stand on the toes of one foot.

swede123
07-26-2005, 03:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's pretty much it. You just need the right angel, some decent balance, and the ability to stand on the toes of one foot.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're forgetting the clincher; you need to look like you're constipated and/or having a seizure while doing the balancing act.

Swede

MoreWineII
07-26-2005, 03:20 PM
I think he's turned his uninteresting gimmicks into a nice little career.

deacsoft
07-26-2005, 03:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're forgetting the clincher; you need to look like you're constipated and/or having a seizure while doing the balancing act.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol... that is correct

FoxwoodsFiend
07-26-2005, 03:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think he's a weirdo. About 5 months ago a magician showed me how he does some of his tricks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I call bullshit. Magicians don't show tricks.

07-26-2005, 03:33 PM
David Blane is a pussy. most magicians make me nervous i always thinking there gonna pick pocket me, but i just want to kick Blanes' ass for some reason.

kgrad5
07-26-2005, 03:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I call bullshit. Magicians don't show tricks.

[/ QUOTE ]

especially not magicians who wear masks...

Boris
07-26-2005, 03:35 PM
I think it's pretty cool how he made the book icon on this thread disappear.

jakethebake
07-26-2005, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think he's turned his uninteresting gimmicks into unineresting and really annoying gimmicks.

[/ QUOTE ]