PDA

View Full Version : AJo Played bad?

POKhER
07-26-2005, 06:36 AM
Flop call bad? i figure i have gutshot, outs to an ACE if he has a king? etc?

Should i have raised the river?

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, CO checks.

River: (5.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, CO folds, Hero calls, BB folds, MP1 folds.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB

BatsShadow
07-26-2005, 07:15 AM
This hand looks very strange to me. I don't know if I can put anyone on any specific hand.

Whatever, I think your flop call is fine.

Results?

Fadook
07-26-2005, 07:18 AM
Bet the flop. You have a BDFD, 3 clean outs to the nut straight, and an overcard. Play could change quite a bit from this point, depending on whether BB calls or raises. The way you played it, I think you shuold raise the river for value.

POKhER
07-26-2005, 07:21 AM
Flop: I had BB on KING. So i assume my outs is one OC(2) + Gut shot(3). So 5Outs = 8.2:1

Turn: I put him on FlushDraw(freecard), Ten, Overcards.

River: I hit my Jack, Mp2 bets i know im beating him and i wanted to raise, Don't know why i didnt.

Result:
<font color="white">I won jack 1 pair.</font>

Dave G.
07-26-2005, 08:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Bet the flop. You have a BDFD, 3 clean outs to the nut straight, and an overcard. Play could change quite a bit from this point, depending on whether BB calls or raises. The way you played it, I think you shuold raise the river for value.

[/ QUOTE ]

Betting an unimproved overcard with nothing but a gutshot and backdoor flush draw into a field of 5 is a bad idea. Do you think everyone is going to fold? You don't have enough equity for this to be for value, so the only possible reason to bet is because you expect everyone to fold. This is unrealistic at best.

kapw7
07-26-2005, 08:12 AM
Raise the river

EDIT: too late for this you already posted the reults. Thanks /images/graemlins/frown.gif

McGahee
07-26-2005, 08:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Betting an unimproved overcard with nothing but a gutshot and backdoor flush draw into a field of 5 is a bad idea. Do you think everyone is going to fold? You don't have enough equity for this to be for value, so the only possible reason to bet is because you expect everyone to fold. This is unrealistic at best.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm an autobettor and even I wouldn't bet here.
I'd probably fire on the river though.

karitek
07-26-2005, 08:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the BDFD is very weak (one card in your hand and the 4th nuts) - i don't think i would count outs for it at all.

i'd just bet out the river - you don't want it to get checked through again.

Duerig
07-26-2005, 09:15 AM
After that puss fest on the turn, I would probably bet the river.

sirana
07-26-2005, 09:42 AM
grunch

flopcall is fine in my oppinion, getting 10-1 and closing the action.
If I don't have any reads about MP2, I probably just call the river. MP2 could have completed a straight and you might get overcalls from BB or MP1 if you don't raise.
The only hands that call your raise of which you are ahead are Jx and you might be behind to a timid king or a completed straight.
Furthermore, if MP2 is bluffing you don't gain anything by raising and you also drive BB and MP1 out, which might have called for one bet.

sirana
07-26-2005, 09:47 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In Antwort auf:</font><hr />

the BDFD is very weak (one card in your hand and the 4th nuts)

[/ QUOTE ]

3rd nuts, since the K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif is on the flop, which makes it worth a bit more, but not enough to bet the flop imo

davelin
07-26-2005, 09:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
After that puss fest on the turn, I would probably bet the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tropex
07-26-2005, 09:51 AM
Am I the only one who thinks raising preflop might've been a good idea after such limping percentage without raises? Then again these tables have people limping with AK so... Maybe not. Theoretically it's possible you might've gotten BB out and more money in the pot when you hold a decent hand. Had you had 4 opponents, you could've gotten some of them out on a flop bet too (which probably is a bad idea but might make your opponents to consider betting the turn). Maybe I'm giving too much value to AJo since it's often a bit marginal in FR with so many people in.

imported_The Vibesman
07-26-2005, 10:25 AM
I don't think the flop call is bad. I think you should have led out at the river after everyone checked the turn. BB could have been betting a T or a draw.

therockofgibraltar
07-26-2005, 11:02 AM
After many limpers, I don't think you should raise from SB unless you have:
a) a very good hand
b) a hand that plays very well multiway.

--&gt; AJo is neither.