PDA

View Full Version : Viable Strategy or Moronic?

Bubmack
03-03-2003, 02:08 PM
When playing in the Sit-N-Go Single Table tourneys (or I guess any tourney for that matter) and the table is 3 or 4 handed...If I have a significant chip lead and there is a tiny stack at the table - I move in the other two opponents quite frequently - forcing them to fold and wait for the tiny stack to bust (top 3 pay).

Then when the tiny stack is in the blinds - I never press them with a raise and sometimes even fold the small blind to them to help them hang around while I bang on the medium stacks.

This usually works pretty well and by the time the tiny stack is beaten - the others are very weak. However, occasionally a medium stack will make a stand and take a big chunk out of my stack.

Does anyone use this type of strategy of keeping the tiny stack around or am I just better off knocking him/her out?

Thanks

Bubs

snowman
03-03-2003, 04:54 PM
I use this quite often with good success.
When I am chip leader at final table which is true most of the time I make a final table, not bragging just find it to be the case, I like to keep the small stacks around and peck away at the mediem stacks. most players don't like this and verbally accost me for this; but its their own fault, they play week and want to hang around and move up in money by having me put out the small stacks.
if you put the small stacks out it only takes one or two beats to make your stack vaunerable(sp) so i always whittle away at the medium stacks and would perfer the all in small stack double thru one of the others so I can contine pecking away.as you know even at a 3-1 chip lead you can still lose so keep building and collecting chips! the object is to have all the chips not knock out all the players. you only need to knock out one player to win.

Greg (FossilMan)
03-04-2003, 04:23 PM
Yes, it is a very viable and useful strategy. It should be used anytime the medium stacks are going to let you get away with it.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)