PDA

View Full Version : playing poker with 2 monitors

07-26-2005, 05:08 AM
Hi.....I have been an avid reader of 2+2 for years, but this is my first post so go easy on me.....lol....

I read great advice on here about the Dell 2001fp monitors.....Most of the posters in this computer section give great and helpful advice.....So, for all the helpful advice I have read, thank you

Finally, on to my question....If you 2 monitors hooked up to one desktop computer and you log onto, say, Party Poker, you can only play 4 tables per user name......my question is would I be able to play under 2 different names using the 2 monitors on one computer?.....

If so, how do you log in on 2 different screens with 2 different names?.....

Also, doesnt Party Poker and the other sites see the same IP address for the 2 different screen names?.....I assume the same IP address doesnt matter as long as you dont play in the same room and they wont let you anyway, is this correct?......

I am just trying to play 8 games on one site with one computer and the 2 Dell 2100fp monitors.....I am currently using 2 laptops to play 8 games on 2 different screen names and it is very difficult and I would like the 2 monitors.....

I am just trying to find out how you sign-in with 2 different screen names with the 2 monitors, does each monitor act independently of the other, like they are 2 separate computers even though they are one?......

Sorry for such a long post, but I wanted to tell some of you that your help is appreciated. I look forward to the answer to my question, I am sure its something simple I am overlooking, but thanx in advance for any help

thank you,

Lisa

TheTROLL
07-26-2005, 10:04 AM
You need to use 2 different online gaming sites - for most people here this means 2 different Party "skins", eg Party Poker and Eurobet Poker - with a separate account on each. You'll find plenty about this (what all the Party skin sites are etc. in the Internet forum).

07-26-2005, 12:31 PM
thank you Troll

future
07-26-2005, 02:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You need to use 2 different online gaming sites - for most people here this means 2 different Party "skins", eg Party Poker and Eurobet Poker - with a separate account on each. You'll find plenty about this (what all the Party skin sites are etc. in the Internet forum).

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually you can have two accounts on one skin. You just need the registry edit that allows you to open two instances of the program.

07-26-2005, 06:47 PM
Hi Future.......

Thank you for helping.....

So, I can have both accounts on Party Poker and log-in on one computer with 2 monitors?......

Where do I find the registry edit that I need and what do I need to do to activate it?.....

Thank you,

Lisa

mosta
07-27-2005, 01:30 PM
I think most here would advise using two skins. the sites know all about people with multiple skin accounts and no one has been given any trouble about it. two different accounts at the same site will be against the site's terms and conditions and you might then even be at risk of losing your funds if they find out and shut down some or all of your accounts.

Bradyams
07-27-2005, 01:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Actually you can have two accounts on one skin. You just need the registry edit that allows you to open two instances of the program.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't give bad advice like this.

Lisa, do not sign up for two accounts on one skin. First, it would be difficult to do so. Second, if you did happen to do it you would get your accounts frozen. It is against Party's Terms of Service to have two accounts on the same skin. If they find out about it they will freeze your accounts, and seize your funds.

The best idea is to just use two different skins. I'd recommend Party and Eurobet. It's pretty much the same as having two accounts on party since they both have the same player-base, and all of the ring games are exactly the same.

In order to set up your second account on the second skin you'll have to use a clean computer. Do a quick search here on 2+2 for multiple Party skin accounts, and you should find some information on how to do it.

07-27-2005, 05:51 PM
thanx alot brady and mosta.......I think I will use eurobet to go along with my party account....seems like the safest way to go.....thanx for the help

Lisa