PDA

View Full Version : New Computer Time

housenuts
07-26-2005, 03:00 AM
well it's time for me to retire (well maybe use as well) my AMD Athlon 550.

i'm looking to get a new computer. i really liked my AMD so I'm going to stick with them. I also really liked my ASUS K7M motherboard so I think i'll go back with ASUS. i've had this thing for at least 5 years and i've barely had any problems including tackling my computer onto a hard tile floor amongst other abuses.

i've been looking at getting an Athlon 64 3000+ cpu and an ASUS K8V SE Deluxe motherboard (maybe the A8V)

what do you think of that base for a system?

the other components i'm not too worried about right now. i'll probably just keep my hard drives and burners.

really i'll only be using this for poker (and pokertracker) but it's possible i'll have other uses for it in the future. most likely just with digital pictures and such. i'm probably going to get 1024mb ram. i would like a video card capable of 2 monitors. any suggestions?

feel free to chime in with any comments. thanks.

skoal2k4
07-26-2005, 04:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]

i've been looking at getting an Athlon 64 3000+ cpu and an ASUS K8V SE Deluxe motherboard (maybe the A8V)

[/ QUOTE ]

that's pretty much what I have (I'm running the Athlon64 3200+)... and it runs great. I'm running XP with 1GB RAM, 120GB SATA drive and 30GB IDE drive.... I've had no problems with it

housenuts
07-26-2005, 04:41 AM
what motherboard do you have?