PDA

View Full Version : terrible turn bet HU w/ big draw? or OK?

steaknshake925
07-26-2005, 02:59 AM
Villain is loose/bad. we've only played a few hands HU. before the table broke he was like around 45/8/1.2.

i get 6c3c in BB, villain raises, i call.

flop: 5h 4c Ac
he bets, i raise, 3bet, cap

turn: 5h 4c Ac Th
he checks, i bet...

i feel this is maybe a mistake. i dont think hes folding here often enough.

MarkL444
07-26-2005, 06:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i feel this is maybe a mistake. i dont think hes folding here often enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

me neither. i think the T is only helping you scare off 66-99 type hands, which dont seem that likely to me. and you are getting c/r'd here some % of the time, too. this is prime free card time if you ask me.

i guess the debate for betting the turn is the fact that you have no SD value unimproved? i still think the free card wins.

maxpowers21
07-26-2005, 06:16 AM
You have like 30% pot equity already because of your huge draw, but i don't see any semi bluffing value here, so you might as well check; i dont see an opponent ever folding here, but the old cap/check might mean he coudl very well be on a draw, you might want to consider a check on the turn and river bet if he checks again and you dont improve.

You dont lose much by betting this though anyways because you have so much pot equity already, but i think a check here would be better EV decision.

Anders_G
07-26-2005, 06:20 AM
Checking will also make your opponent more likely to bet into you on the river, even if you make your draw, which will make you more money.

maxpowers21
07-26-2005, 06:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Checking will also make your opponent more likely to bet into you on the river, even if you make your draw, which will make you more money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent point.

clownshoes
07-26-2005, 07:10 AM
No chance hes folding here, Id take the free card and hit my draw on the river.

Alobar
07-26-2005, 10:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No chance hes folding here, Id take the free card and hit my draw on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]