PDA

View Full Version : Car Video Games

housenuts
07-26-2005, 02:42 AM
well i retired from OOT in June but i'm back because i didn't know where else to put this...aside from other forums.

I have an essay due tomorrow on Cars and Video Games. it's for my course the Cultural and Social History of the Automobile.

i haven't started yet. if anyone wants to chime in with any thoughts that would be great.

especially anything historical would help. ie. comments on old games like Pole Position II for the Atari. thanks OOTers

IronDragon1
07-26-2005, 02:45 AM
I don't know how current events fits into your paper but-perhaps the popularity of "rebel" racing games (e.g Need for speed:underground series, Midnight club, GTA) could be in your paper.

housenuts
07-26-2005, 02:50 AM
oh it well be. it's not just about history, but about car culture in video games and how video games could affect youths driving habits, etc.

any articles on the subject to reference would be top notch.

IronDragon1
07-26-2005, 02:56 AM
Quite honestly-since this is such a niche topic-I don't know how many articles dealing directly with it you'll be able to find.

What I would suggest is probably find correlations-empirical and inferential-between these car video games and certain aspects of society. Some of these metrics could include number of car accidents in a given year and numbers of copies of Gran Turismo sold.