PDA

View Full Version : Unfinished business?

Shakespeare
07-26-2005, 02:24 AM
SNG LEVEL---# SNG's--PROFIT/LOSS

$6----------1--------Profit
$11---------153------LOSS
$22---------373------Profit
$33---------1100-----Profit
$55---------200------Profit (Current Level)
$109--------4--------Profit

Apathy
07-26-2005, 02:27 AM
i think if you prophecy my accounts it says something like 4 games at 11s -> 0 itm.

Does this stop me from 8 tabling the 215s?

no, seek help.

microbet
07-26-2005, 02:38 AM
With the choices you put up I wouldn't expect many people to vote for the right answer. I didn't.

fnord_too
07-26-2005, 10:54 AM
The sentiment you are expressing is a common trap humans fall into. We feel the need to have all accounts in the black. Tversky and Khaneman have published on this subject. A couple of examples:

Someone who paid for tickets to a game are more apt to drive through a blizzard to get to it than someone who got the tickets for free, even though at the time of the decision the source of the tickets is irrelevant.

The following scenario was given and people surveyed on their response:
You go to a show, buy a ticket for $10 and lose it before entering. The only way to see the show is to buy another ticket for $10 and you have enough money to do so without impacting other plans, do you? Most said no.
But when asked:
You go to a show and find that you have lost $10 from your wallet. You still have enough to buy the $10 ticket without impacting any other plans, do you? Most said yes.

In both cases, the situation is the same, just how one arrived there is different.

So, short answer, no, don't go back just to make your record perfect, that is silly. Why would you sacrafice EV for it?

Longer answer: Read Tversky and Khaneman's works, they are great and illustrate many of the irrational decision making quirks we humans have.

codewarrior
07-26-2005, 12:16 PM
You will not be allowed into Stovocor, until this is remedied.

Big Limpin'
07-26-2005, 12:39 PM
for me:

level === played ==== ROI
10+1.......50ish.......25%
20+2......1000ish......23%
30+3.......200ish.....-2%
50+5.......400ish......17%
100+9...... 16......(unsustainably high)

last week, i had done only about 150 33s. And it was bugging me that my ROI was NEGATIVE. I decided to play a couple nights of them to get my ROI, if not pretty, at least not embarrasingly low. Well, i pounded out about 50 more, simply for egotistical reasons. I about broke even.

I will never play the 33s again. They are poison. I know some of you guys make money at them , and i know that my sample size is kinda small, but i dont think my true ROI there is double digits. Me and the 33s hate each other, and have agreed to a truce. I will stop harassing them, and they will stop handing my ass to me. 33s are poison (to me).

How does this pertain to the OP?

I regretted going back to play more 33s just for spite. Maybe spite not the right word, but you know what i mean. I only played becasue i felt i had [ QUOTE ]
unfinished business

[/ QUOTE ] with them. ANd i feel dumb for wasting those two nights at a game i have little if any egde in.

Moral: Just move on.

BL' (tail between legs for high BI 800 chippers)

Shakespeare
07-26-2005, 01:25 PM
Thanks! Was beginning to think I was the only one that wanted to show a profit at all levels. I now declare that me and the $10s hate each other, and have agreed to a truce.

Shakespeare
07-26-2005, 01:28 PM
Thanks for reassuring me that I don’t need psychiatric help. It seems I am only human, therefore I now declare anyone who beats the $10's inhumane. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif