PDA

View Full Version : HULA ML FAQ – The HULA previously known as HULA 3.1

climber
07-26-2005, 02:22 AM
HULA ML FAQ – The HULA previously known as HULA 3.1

Ok its now officially HULA ML. The good point was made that having multiple numbered HULAs running at once might get confusing and take away from the original. HULA ML seems like a great new way for a bunch more people to get involved. Hopefully the ML designation will clearly designate this as the “minor leagues." I know there are a lot of questions out there so hopefully this will answer those.

What does HULA stand for?
Heads-Up Limit Association

Why HULA ML?
Cause there wasn’t enough space for a bunch of us to play in HULA 3. Probably just as well since I would assume our skill level is on average much lower than those playing in HULA 3. ML stands for “minor-league”.

What is the entry-fee/payout structure?
Since we have a few people signing up with very few posts I want to make this clear...we are playing for real money. There is a $50 entry fee per person. However we will play and compete in teams. 50% of the money will be divided among the first place team, 30% among the second place team, and 20% among the third place team members. Captains will be the recipient of a 10% rake from other players. Therefore, captains receive 140% of a normal individual’s prize payout, other players receive 90% of their share.

How does it work?

--It will be 10 teams of 5 people each. A team will consist of 1 captain and 4 other players.

--Each week each player will be assigned a HU match against a player on another team.

--Home team captain will determine the matches for that week. The two players must arrange and play their HU match during that week. Captains' jobs are to make sure their players actually schedule and play these matches.

--If a player is unavailable during that week another team member will play in his place. This means that some weeks a player might have to play 2 matches. We will not be using alternates as it’s not really fair to them as they don’t really get to play at all and have to constantly read a bunch of threads and pretend to be part of a team they really don’t have much to do with.

--We will play the matches on a Prima site at the play money tables. This will likely be “The Gaming Club.” Before the season starts each drafted player will need to pay the $50 entry fee, likely via a PokerStars transfer.

--Game and match format will be 30BB, blinds double after 1 hour (team with most victories win)

--Until we are asked to move, we will conduct day-to-day business in the HUSH forum on 2+2 ( lets keep the number of ne threads to a minimum)

Who is involved?
climber and witeknite are the co-commissioners who will be running and setting up this event.

bds, TMFS9, baronzeus, witeknite, ihardlyknowher, DrGutshot, goofball, raisins, dave44 and climber are our captains.

Captains please PM climber your contact info as soon as possible.

The following 60+ players have already signed up to play (only 50 people will be drafted—additional people can still sign up for another day or two):

Victor
MrFeelNothin
climber
Williuck
ihardlyknowher
7ontheline
Argus
sammy g
witeknite
Alobar
baronzeus
SGetThere1Time
bottomset
Adjutor
partygirluk
goofball
partypokerer
wonkadaddy
billyjex
Moneyline
mcvalenc
Bob L
Redeye
juggernaut
TeeJayORTi
jph0424
this guy
TMFS9
arkady
Stack
Johhny Humongous
FrankTheTank
Templeton
clownshoes
toffer
tongni
Femto
D.H.
zephed
azalin
Mig
Subfallen
Scotch78
BongRips
SmileyEH
college boy
cookie
iluzion
josh1122
timprov
bds
Fianchetto
Jeff A.
JohnnyHumongous
Rory
Bob T.
alta chuttes
stealthcow
Rake In
SL 72
Dave44
SUfan5
Perseus

If you are on this list and no longer want to participate after reading the rules/details as spelled out above please PM either climber or witeknite.

We will have a couple days while the captains all get me their contact info and we figure out a mutually agreeable time to do the draft, you can still sign up to play if you want to post below and add yourself to the potential draft field.

After the draft is setup, we will publish the official draft field list and get the first week of games scheduled and get everyone’s money transferred. Once all entry fees are paid the season will get under way. I am expecting we will do either a 6-8 week season—unless someone knows a really good reason that some other length of time is better.

I look forward to playing
--climber

P.S. Captains PM me your contact info now!

Bob L
07-26-2005, 03:50 AM
Where is the HUSH forum on 2+2?

Bob L
07-26-2005, 03:52 AM
Nevermind -I just figured out we are in it now....

TheMetetron
07-26-2005, 04:06 AM
I didn't even know what the hell HULA was until I read about the draft for the other one. I'm in, I suppose. Got nothing better to do than play some heads up matches against 2+2ers.

wonkadaddy
07-26-2005, 10:36 AM
sweet. i'm ready to get rockin and rollin! although do we have to make a transfer for payment on one site (Pstars) and play on another(Prima)? i'll do it, i just don't really want to start up/fund TWO sites i'm not currently on.

i'm also a curmudgeon and will still use the term HULA3.1 /images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

D.H.
07-26-2005, 10:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Until we are asked to move, we will conduct day-to-day business in the HUSH forum on 2+2 ( lets keep the number of ne threads to a minimum)

[/ QUOTE ]

How about using the short name "HML" (HULA Minor League) in subject lines. I think that would make it lot easier for people participating in either of the HULAs.

Also, using the search function to find relevant threads would be easier.

witeknite
07-26-2005, 10:50 AM
We will be playing on play money tables at the Prima sites so no deposit is needed. The money will be handled through Stars.

WiteKnite

Lost Wages
07-26-2005, 11:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
blinds double after 1 hour

[/ QUOTE ]

How is that accomplished? Is that built-in to the Prima software sowehow?

Lost Wages

climber
07-26-2005, 12:03 PM
I highly doubt it, just comething i copied from the HULA3 rules. My best guess for how to accomplish that would be for the players to note their stack size and move to a new table. Though if someone has a better suggestion I'm def open to that.

In another note I have downloaded and installed "the Gaming Club" client and I dont really see these play money tables we are supposed to be playing on as refernced in the HULA3 posts. Under "1on1" I see a few play money table but there is only one limit table with the rest being NL. Anyone play there regularly that can point me in the right direction. If not I guess I can PM Evan and ask what they are doing.

later
--climber

baronzeus
07-26-2005, 12:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I highly doubt it, just comething i copied from the HULA3 rules. My best guess for how to accomplish that would be for the players to note their stack size and move to a new table. Though if someone has a better suggestion I'm def open to that.

In another note I have downloaded and installed "the Gaming Club" client and I dont really see these play money tables we are supposed to be playing on as refernced in the HULA3 posts. Under "1on1" I see a few play money table but there is only one limit table with the rest being NL. Anyone play there regularly that can point me in the right direction. If not I guess I can PM Evan and ask what they are doing.

later
--climber

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't they have like 50 cent HU SNGs or something?

Mig
07-26-2005, 12:56 PM
I don't think it's in the play money table. If it was you wouldn,t have any money left at the end of the hula b/c you would have got raped by the rake...

SL__72
07-26-2005, 01:02 PM
Two questions:
First, when is the draft planned for?

Second, couldn't you just resit at the same table w/ half the stack?

climber
07-27-2005, 12:42 AM
My birthday is tomorrow so I'm going out. I think I have all the contact info on all of the captains now so on Thursday we will all be in touch and figure out a good draft time for all.

Resitting at the same table is not possible as they make you buy in with the stack size you just had--trying to prevent rat-holing even at the play money tables i guess.

Altaslim
07-27-2005, 12:58 AM
I'd like to be counted in, but won't be able to play until August 7 (getting married /images/graemlins/smile.gif).