PDA

View Full Version : Something I like almost as much as folding equity

citanul
07-26-2005, 01:48 AM
Resteal folding equity.

It makes me very, very happy.

Particularly opponents who are abusable and then you take notes on them because they fold in spots they clearly shouldn't.

Discuss.

citanul

The Yugoslavian
07-26-2005, 02:08 AM
Yes.

Yugoslav

Apathy
07-26-2005, 02:12 AM
Many good players make the mistake of overestimating their competition.

This can lead to many problems, such as pushing too many hands, calling too liberally etc.

It can also lead to UNDER estimating folding equity and... re-stealing folding equity. Bad players will fold much more often then you think getting 2 to 1 and greater. They are alsom likely opening more hands then you think in the type of spots I think citanul is thinking about.

The Don
07-26-2005, 02:36 AM
I am a fan of the situation where I have 4000 and everyone else has ~1300 in level 6. You sometimes get the "please come over the top with any 2 and i will fold" minraise. Or when the SB is minraising you blind with any 2. I come over the top with any 2 in return.

citanul
07-26-2005, 10:53 AM
yes but clearly resteal fold equity is of more urgent importance in situations like say, you have 1100 at 100/200 and someoen with a say, 1500 stack miniraises towards your blind or through you in some manner. now when you resteal your stack will move to 1600 or 1700 or 1800. all depends on what you can infer about your opponents, but sometimes it doesn't. sometimes you have you need to be pushing even though your opponent is supposed to call but he sorta kinda doesn't know it hopefully.

citanul

durron597
07-26-2005, 11:14 AM
I tried pushing over a preflop medium aggressive opponent's 2.5x button raise in the SB with 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, he had QQ and when the flop came 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif I was like "woot" but I didn't suck out...

Of course in the next SnG I restole twice and they folded and I ended up winning the whole thing /images/graemlins/wink.gif

tigerite
07-26-2005, 11:18 AM
Heh, last night I tried something similar, I had J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, he had K /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif .. flop J /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, turn 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, river K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Nicholasp27
07-26-2005, 11:22 AM
can someone elaborate on situations that are more and less ideal for restealing with any-2 or top 50%, etc...what are the basic things to look for and the signs that it's a good move? (besides having a read on opp because he folded to resteals already in the tourney)

i'd imagine when u have about the same stack size as the raiser, or maybe 1-3bb less, cause he doesn't wanna be out or be down to <3bb if he loses...also, he'd have to have only raised a small % of his stack and still be left with 6+bb so he'd feel he wasn't committed and could still finish itm if he folds?

what else to look for?

citanul
07-26-2005, 11:28 AM
in general him being a stealing weasel is a good thing to look for.

citanul

Ixnert
07-26-2005, 11:30 AM
Some of the same things you look for in a stealing situation as a big stack. A mini-stack at the table, at/near the bubble. Minraises, unless you've seen the raiser minraise monsters previously. Usually want to be restealing from a stack roughly the same size as yours, a bit bigger, or smaller but not so small as to be desperate (too big and they'll call you out of spite, too small and they're already pot committed or think they are).

pooh74
07-26-2005, 11:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I am a fan of the situation where I have 4000 and everyone else has ~1300 in level 6. You sometimes get the "please come over the top with any 2 and i will fold" minraise. Or when the SB is minraising you blind with any 2. I come over the top with any 2 in return.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not when you're the bigstack and there are 3 evens that you like...its when you're the bigstack and there is one medium and two small or two medium and one small. This situation is the easiest and best to exploit. I won't even say "do you see why?"