PDA

View Full Version : calling down warranted?

cdxx
07-26-2005, 01:16 AM
i didn't really have a good read on the CO except that he won a lot of money and had only made one mistake PF by playing ace-rag. the button was a maniac, who managed to show down only 3 hands, all small pairs.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

i doubt he has 55, so i am thinking AA-QQ or TT. is my calling down good here? (pot odds at 15-2 and all, but i am 90% sure i am beat)

River: (14.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 17.25 BB

Hojglad
07-26-2005, 01:23 AM
I've seen this line at 2/4 quite a few times. When it goes down like this, it usually means you are behind to AA or KK. It's usually AA, though.

thesharpie
07-26-2005, 03:46 AM
If the maniac will bet the flop when checked to, I check raise it.

I call it down just in case he has something like AT, or even a draw hoping the paired board scares you. I would only fold this with a decent read he won't semi bluff and won't cold call lightly, none of which you can count on.

Edit: I didn't notice he 3 bet preflop, that rules out AT. If you know he won't semibluff, which he probably shouldn't with the maniac involved, you could ditch it.

Kumubou
07-26-2005, 03:57 AM
What's your table image like? I see this crap from people with TP after a few orbits of rocking out with less-than-stellar holdings, in an effort to play back.

In that instance, I call down and giggle.

He could also have TT, which would suck. He could have AA-QQ, and if you think he would never semi-bluff overs+whatever random draw, then you may be able to find a fold. I seriously doubt he has trip 5s, regardless.

-K

cdxx
07-26-2005, 12:07 PM
not sure. this was in yesterday's session. i would guess my table image usually starts of tag or lag but eventually becomes weak-tight.

the villain turned over TT.

mwilli31
07-26-2005, 12:47 PM
My first thought was AA or KK, but when he smoothcalled the flop and raised the turn it screamed TT. Without any good reads I like calling down and making sure you take note of what he played and how he played it. If he did in fact have TT, make sure you note the 3-bet PF and the slowplay even with two-flush on the board.

2+2 Junkie
07-26-2005, 01:23 PM
Grunching....
I would have played it the same way. NH.