PDA

View Full Version : Phil Hellmuth's PLO chapter

joewatch
07-26-2005, 12:56 AM
I just read Phil's PLO chapter after buying his book off the remainder rack for $5. He aims the advice at beginning PLO players, but 99% of it is garbage and sure to bust somebody many many times. The only thing of value is his analysis of 13-out wrap draws, and even that is lacking mention of discounting flush outs. He actually says that he is willing to put all of his money in preflop with AAxx with no suits!

BTW, I am not a Phil hater, as I think he is actually a very nice guy and a great poker player.

IronDragon1
07-26-2005, 12:59 AM
I agree about this chapter not having much merit but

[ QUOTE ]
He actually says that he is willing to put all of his money in preflop with AAxx with no suits!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm...you aren't?

theben
07-26-2005, 01:11 PM
too bad you wasted money on phils book trying to learn anything. why would you want to learn omaha from an unsuccessful omaha player?

joewatch
07-26-2005, 03:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
too bad you wasted money on phils book trying to learn anything. why would you want to learn omaha from an unsuccessful omaha player?

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, he has finished in the money at the WSOP. Second, I am willing to take a chance that I might learn something for $5.

Acesover8s
07-26-2005, 07:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just read Phil's PLO chapter after buying his book off the remainder rack for $5. He aims the advice at beginning PLO players, but 99% of it is garbage and sure to bust somebody many many times. The only thing of value is his analysis of 13-out wrap draws, and even that is lacking mention of discounting flush outs. He actually says that he is willing to put all of his money in preflop with AAxx with no suits!

[/ QUOTE ]

You should be willing to stack off preflop with AA in almost every circumstance, as well.

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, I am not a Phil hater, as I think he is actually a very nice guy and a great poker player.

[/ QUOTE ]

He sure seemed like a great guy when he knocked me out with his AAxx vs my AAxx. . . I can't help wondering how fast he woulda tilted the rest of his money away if I had hit my rags instead of him. . .