PDA

View Full Version : bad fold?

orenthal
07-26-2005, 12:03 AM
this was right after i sat down at the table and i didnt have a good read on the villian. as it turned out he was pretty much a maniac (43.3/29.9) but i didnt realize that until after this hand.

would a better approach have been just to check/call? i felt like either a bet by him or raise probably meant i was beat so i guess check/fold may have been the ticket.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, CO folds.

Turn: (3 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (5 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 8 BB

orenthal
07-26-2005, 01:15 AM
bump. if nobody helps me this time i am taking my ball and going home.

Aaron W.
07-26-2005, 01:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
this was right after i sat down at the table and i didnt have a good read on the villian. as it turned out he was pretty much a maniac (43.3/29.9) but i didnt realize that until after this hand.

would a better approach have been just to check/call? i felt like either a bet by him or raise probably meant i was beat so i guess check/fold may have been the ticket.

[/ QUOTE ]

Check-calling is worse. Because it's short-handed, I would tend to bet-call because people are more prone to bluffing.

MrWookie47
07-26-2005, 01:31 AM
This is a definite Clarkmeister. There's definitely value in a river bet.

I think folding is reasonable against default opponents. It takes a special kind of donk to raise this board with a worse hand than yours. It may be 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, but it's usually a heart. You're getting roughly 8:1 on the call, but I don't think he's bluffing 11% of the time or more. If it was 15:1, or maybe 12:1, I'd be more tempted to look him up.

orenthal
07-26-2005, 01:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It takes a special kind of donk to raise this board with a worse hand than yours.

[/ QUOTE ]

not sure why but that sentence made me laugh my ass off.