PDA

View Full Version : Folded to River Bet=0%

Jeff W
07-25-2005, 11:55 PM
UTG is 47/7/.6 over 320 hands.
BB is 37/16/1 over 1k hands.

Party Poker 10 handed

Preflop: Jeff is CO with 4d, Qd. Jeff posts a blind of $20.
UTG raises, 5 folds, Jeff (poster) calls, 2 folds, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 3s, Ah, 5d (3 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, Jeff checks.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 3c (3 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, Jeff checks.

River: (3.25 BB) 4h (3 players)
BB checks, UTG bets...

Am I best 1/5.25 times?

Paxosmotic
07-26-2005, 12:01 AM
Easily good, and you're probably good the other 4.25/5.25 times as well. You'd have heard from an ace by now, and the only remaining combinations that beat you are 22 and A2s, neither of which an UTG PFR is likely to have. Call and piss him off that his KQs just got popped by Q4s.

toss
07-26-2005, 12:11 AM
Ehhh I'd call unless the rake comes into play.

sfer
07-26-2005, 12:17 AM
Off the top of my head I don't think KQ falls into 7% PFR. That's really the crux of it for me. I'd also fold preflop because 7% seems like such a small number.

Paxosmotic
07-26-2005, 12:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Off the top of my head I don't think KQ falls into 7% PFR. That's really the crux of it for me. I'd also fold preflop because 7% seems like such a small number.

[/ QUOTE ]
Terrified TT-QQ?

Entity
07-26-2005, 12:22 AM
I don't think the same sort of player to check this flop and turn with KQ is the sort to bet the river.

Also, I kinda think he has AA here. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rob

sfer
07-26-2005, 12:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Terrified TT-QQ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sort of, but really I think this is a math problem more than anything.

Paxosmotic
07-26-2005, 12:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Terrified TT-QQ?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
How so? It's a math problem for you, it's a possible learning experience for me. Feel like teaching?

sfer
07-26-2005, 12:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Terrified TT-QQ?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
How so? It's a math problem for you, it's a possible learning experience for me. Feel like teaching?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno exactly where 7% of raising hands falls, but I'm guessing that players who raise KQo and KQs UTG are have PFR closer to 10%. And those who will raise KJs or QJs UTG because of the additional posted blind (i.e. me) are closer to 15% PFR. Also, there's also the small but not insignificant chance that Entity is right and UTG has AA. People love to check Aces full. I used to.

Entity
07-26-2005, 12:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Terrified TT-QQ?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno exactly where 7% of raising hands falls, but I'm guessing that players who raise KQo and KQs UTG are have PFR closer to 10%. And those who will raise KJs or QJs UTG because of the additional posted blind (i.e. me) are closer to 15% PFR. Also, there's also the small but not insignificant chance that Entity is right and UTG has AA. People love to check Aces full. I used to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Dave,

Weighting PFR toward big Aces and PP's, which I think is typical, gives a range something like 99+,ATs+,KQs,AJo+ here.

Rob

Roland19
07-26-2005, 02:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think the same sort of player to check this flop and turn with KQ is the sort to bet the river.

Also, I kinda think he has AA here. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes a lot of sense to me. What about y'all?

Jeff W
07-26-2005, 04:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
And those who will raise KJs or QJs UTG because of the additional posted blind (i.e. me) are closer to 15% PFR.

[/ QUOTE ]

My pfr=12 and I raise KJs and QJs UTG with or without a CO blind. At lower limits, limping is correct w/ QJs, but at middle limits on party most tables are unsuitable for open limping.

My two mistakes in this hand were calling pre flop and calling the river.