PDA

View Full Version : checkraising the river in the party 100/200

tl65\
07-25-2005, 11:18 PM
I'm just trying out the party 1/2 games and noticed some spots where i'm missing value by checkraising the river where I'm pretty sure it would've worked aginst a 30/60 LAG. The villain(LAG) seems like a regular in the game, I have him at 32/16/1.4 after about 1500 hands and in my previous hands with him, i've played very aggressively. Seems to get a lot of action when he has hands and has been running the table over since i've been there.

Ok... here's a hand

I raise UTG+1 with 66, LAG calls from MP, SB calls

Flop comes A 6 5 all hearts

I bet, LAG raises, SB folds, I 3-bet, call

Turn: offsuit 3

I bet, he calls

River: offsuit 9

check, check

Feel free to comment on comment on the rest of the hand, but the river's what I'm wondering about. He's representing an A or a flush draw, so i'm thinking if he has an A, he'll bet the river and i can raise and if he's got a draw, i'm not losing anything and he might take a stab at it with a bluff. Thinking about it more, it seems like he might not bet a weak A since he's basically in the same boat, where there's not a whole lot I'm calling with that he can beat.

thoughts?

jfresh
07-25-2005, 11:32 PM
i need to improve my river checkraising; it seems like everytime i check with AK unimproved the guy bets his bottom pair and when i check with a strong hand it get checked behind. anyway

I think you played the hand way too strong for a river check raise. (i'm giving him the benefit of the doubt he thinks *a little* at least) what hand would you raise UTG+1 and 3bet the flop out of position with, that Ace-rag beats? KhKx mayyybe...?

i don't play 1-2 though so this is just my 2c.

Tzak
07-26-2005, 12:36 AM
If he's a lag and has the K of hearts,he's raising the turn.I bet this river.JMHO.Tzak.

tl65\
07-26-2005, 01:03 AM
He hasn't really gotten out of line postflop. I've only seen him putting in a lot of action without a good hand. He has been running good but it doesnt seem like he's showing down anything too weak.

Thanks for the responses, keep em coming