PDA

View Full Version : How bad did I mess this hand up?

Pat Southern
07-25-2005, 11:16 PM
I'm never really sure what to do with these hands preflop when its been raised, getting at least 4 way action with a good multiway hand seemed good enough, is the call from SB bad with this (or any) blind structure? I was kinda scared of overpairs on the flop, so I check/called. Would betting out be better with the plan of folding to a turn bet (if he raises flop) be better? Should I donk the turn?
The river I know I messed up, at the time I was afraid I was counterfitted, but with the turn getting checked through, I really shouldnt be worried about that.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (15 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, MP calls, Button folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP checks.

River: (9 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP checks.

Final Pot: 9 BB

wheelz
07-25-2005, 11:25 PM
Yeah I don't know about the preflop... I think calling here might be good myself but I'm not sure

Yes betting the flop is a good thing. After you check-called going for the turn check-raise is good I think. I realize that on the river you're now beat by an overpair, but no one is checking the turn through with one of those, so bet the river.

edit: Actually I'm not sure about the turn either... if he has an overpair you might get to bet-3-bet, and if doesn't he'll probably check it through, so maybe donking would be good. Check-raising might let you get MP in for some bets as well, though

poker-penguin
07-26-2005, 01:25 AM
Preflop call is fine, didn't want to get raised, but when you do, it's not a tragedy.

Check call the flop is ok I think, but I could well be wrong.

I would probably have donked the turn, since the other two's play so far smells of overcards, so you might whiff on the CR, which would be bad. Plus with flush draw and 3 to a straight on board, you don't really want to give away a free card.

Given the turn was checked through, you pretty much have to bet out the river.