PDA

View Full Version : expectations

rooney
07-25-2005, 11:00 PM
couldnt find anything on search so ill try a post..

currently im playing 20/40 and 25/50 limit, however tournaments is tempting.. my problem is if these will be worth my time since im obviously making a lot of money at my cash game play??

So to all you winning tourney players: what could you expect to win in different tourneys over time?

A_PLUS
07-25-2005, 11:24 PM
Unless you want to put in the time to really become a top notch player, I would doubt you could beat your current $/hr (assumin you have a decent win rate).

I would treat MTTs as a fun diversion. Especially the wednesday night super MTT (limit). That being said, they will be a +EV play for you (you already play at a high level), but you will lose money for the time you miss at your regular game

inanevoyage
07-25-2005, 11:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
currently im playing 20/40 and 25/50 limit, however tournaments is tempting.. my problem is if these will be worth my time since im obviously making a lot of money at my cash game play??

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you OBVIOUSLY making a lot of money, after naming the stakes you play?

That makes me want to call your bluff.

But anyways, tourneys are more fun, and are what have put more meaning back into playing poker for me. You can only play cash games exclusively so long before it starts to feel more like a grind and less like the competitive hobby you took up in the beginning.

Monetarily, MTT's leave you stranded between big hits. It's like being a real estate agent and picking up a commission check every so often, rather than a weekly steady salary.

Backov
07-26-2005, 12:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you OBVIOUSLY making a lot of money, after naming the stakes you play?

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's not a winning player at those stakes, he's broke pretty quick.

rooney
07-26-2005, 07:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If he's not a winning player at those stakes, he's broke pretty quick.

[/ QUOTE ]

my point exactly /images/graemlins/wink.gif

however thx for the answers.. I think this answered my question that tourneys are not as +EV as the bigger cash games but definetely more fun so ill stick to playing a tourney every now and then for the fun of it!

transmitt
07-26-2005, 08:59 AM
If your at ~1.5/100 or so stick to limit, you'll make more as opposed to coming up the tourney curve.