PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!

11-11-2001, 07:57 AM
I recieved an E-mail that I suspect is fraudulent, but I don't really know for sure, and wanted to know if anybody has any info on this. It says something to the effect of "hello this is so and so from AOL and we bellieve somebody has hacked into your computer, please contact us at (503) 591 8644."

Anybody know if this is one of those off-shore companies that you call and then they charge you like $50 a minute? That is all I can think of. Any (credible) info would be greatly appreciated.

11-11-2001, 08:03 AM
I am pretty sure this is just some dumb fraud, it says call toll free (503) blah blah blah.

Since when is the 503 prefix toll free?!?!?!?!?

I always love it when they (crooks) send you those letters saying that they have to "update" your credit info otherwise your AOL account will be terminated. I usually respond with an e-mail back to them that just says F**K OFF, or if I'm bored and have a few minutes on my hand I actually fill out their silly form with erroneus (keeping it believable of course) info that they will hopefully try to use and then get denied.

11-11-2001, 11:11 AM
Use your real name when you are whining about trojan horse. If you opened it, they have your username and pw. You'd better change your pw at aol pronto, sheep screwer.

11-11-2001, 01:03 PM
Open what? It was a regular email, I don't think you know what you're talking about. Oh yeah sorry to dissapoint you but I don't screw sheep.

11-11-2001, 05:09 PM
Ok, don't do anything about the trojan horse. It's your account. I wouldn't buy anything online, then if I were you.Your parents loved you so much to name you goat.

11-11-2001, 07:43 PM
send it on to aol and they will respond to you what its all about. otherwise dont respond at all to them. and remember that some of the prettiest girls in montana are sheep.

11-12-2001, 04:05 AM
Nice to see such a high maturity level from you. If you want to cause trouble on an internet forum then that certainly says something about you.

Kris

11-12-2001, 12:52 PM
Hey, I gave you good advice. If you don't want to believe that aol is subject to trojan horse viruses, then be my guest.

It's not very mature, though.

11-12-2001, 03:37 PM
Okay, you might be right, but why would you want to give good advice to somebody you seem to despise?

Besides I cant imagine any virus entering my account without me ever opening up anything. I never download anything, or open things that are sent to me.

11-13-2001, 12:50 PM
Some you don't have to open perse, you just click it on it and it activates the cookie that is in fact a trojan. I don't despise you.

11-13-2001, 04:57 PM
Ahhhhh, yes I forgot about those "cookie" things. I think there is an option to not accept them, I should probably go ahead and turn it on. I was unaware that those could be recieved just through looking at email without actually opening it.

Thanks for the advice.

Kris