PDA

View Full Version : I'm looking for a new bank

PoBoy321
07-25-2005, 09:42 PM
So for as long as I can remember, I've had bank accounts with Chase, but lately, they've just sucked, and I've had problems with every deposit and withdrawal I've made and I wanna switch banks. What bank do you guys use and would you suggest that I switch to them for my checking/savings accounts?

jakethebake
07-25-2005, 09:43 PM
where are you located?

x2ski
07-25-2005, 09:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So for as long as I can remember, I've had bank accounts with Chase, but lately, they've just sucked, and I've had problems with every deposit and withdrawal I've made and I wanna switch banks. What bank do you guys use and would you suggest that I switch to them for my checking/savings accounts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I use E*TRADE Bank and am very satisfied with them.

There are E*TRADE ATMs all over the place, and if you carry a high enough balance ($5k I think), you can hit up any ATM you want fee-free.

Also, they have deposit bonuses lol.

The only downside is they don't offer auto loans. Mortgage and RV/boat loans, but no auto loans.

Neteller hits them in about 2 days, and the online interface is sweet too.

And if you invest in the market, CDs, mutual funds, whatever, it's one-stop shopping.

PoBoy321
07-25-2005, 10:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
where are you located?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's part of my problem. During the school year I'm in DC and during the summer I'm in New Jersey, so I kind of want a more national bank.

MrTrik
07-25-2005, 10:03 PM
I've been with Wells Fargo forever. Never had an issue with them at all.

pokerdirty
07-25-2005, 10:03 PM
Bank of America/Wash. Mutual/HSBC?

I live in NYC and Chase is GOD. They are everywhere.

PoBoy321
07-25-2005, 10:12 PM
Yeah, I'm from Jersey and Chase is great because they've got ATMs all over the place, but I just haven't been satisfied with their service lately. I'm kind of debating between whether I should switch to Bank of america or Washington Mutual
I've heard that WM is better, but BoA is much more widely available.

deacsoft
07-25-2005, 10:14 PM
Neteller is my only bank these days.

Bluffoon
07-25-2005, 10:16 PM
Citibank is awesome. I do alot of business with them professionally and I have banked with htem personally for years. Great technology and service. They will not,however, under any circumstances allow a charge to a poker website.

Cubswin
07-25-2005, 10:25 PM
are you just looking for a bank for checking?

thatpfunk
07-25-2005, 10:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I've been with Wells Fargo forever. Never had an issue with them at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate Wells Fargo and am looking in to moving to Washington Mutual i think.

PoBoy321
07-25-2005, 10:34 PM
Well, checking/savings primarily, but I'm getting to a point in my life where I'm beginning to worry about saving money and making my money work for me, so although checking and savings are my primary concerns right now, I do want good money managemen options for later on.

Drew16
07-25-2005, 10:37 PM
I used to work for BankOne/Chase and it is the most poorly run business I have ever been a part of. I opened accounts there while I worked there because they "recommended" it but as soon as I quit I closed them all. I use USbank and have never had a single problem.

Cubswin
07-25-2005, 11:15 PM
Look at ING direct or Emigrant Direct for an online savings account. Both are currently offering 3.15% + on savings accounts which is much much higher then any B&M bank is offering (though HSBC is starting to inch their rates up). ING has a $50 new account bonus as well. Search this forum (http://www.fatwallet.com/c/52/) to find out more information.

As far as checking goes... it really depends on what type of balance you keep and if you have a direct deposit or not... because with some banks you will avoid fees if these requirements are met. Bank of America was running a $200 new account bonus awhile back for meeting some auto bill pay requirements... this sounded tempting. I use Chevy Chase which is all over the DC area and am quite happy with them. Free checking with no min balance requirement if you have direct deposit. This works well for me.

If you cant find a bank with ATMs in both locations why not open two checking accounts...doesnt take too much effort and that way you can almost always avoid those dreaded ATM fees.

cubs

TripleH68
07-25-2005, 11:21 PM
E*TRADE BANK (http://www.etrade.com)