PDA

View Full Version : ummm pocket Qs w no overcards

07-25-2005, 09:36 PM
PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (20 SB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (12 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

River: (28 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 42 BB

howd hero play it

UncleSalty
07-25-2005, 09:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
howd hero play it

[/ QUOTE ]

Like he's Richard Pryor in "Brewster's Millions."

This is total spewage, and I would be very surprised if you won this hand. There is not a single reasonable hand you are ahead of here except AK. Tens and Jacks have a set, and KK and AA have been ahead all along. If anyone is a total donk, they may have caught an unlikely straight along the way.

Bet this flop, or at least check/raise. The turn puts 3 to a straight on the board and everyone goes nuts. Just get to a showdown cheaply at that point. Do NOT bet that river.

teajay
07-25-2005, 10:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

howd hero play it

[/ QUOTE ]

Not so great. Don't get married to those queens.

Bet the flop.

That turn is confusing as hell. Against passive players it's a sure fold. I may even fold it when it's back to me after being 3-bet. Sure you're getting 10:1 but the likelihood of drawing dead is pretty high, and it doesn't look like you'll be able to show down cheaply.

The river I would try to check/call one bet. But I'm not calling two bets on this board.

Sure you had an overpair, but you were being fed plenty of action on a draw filled board. I think reads would help here, but I really think you went too far.

TJ

OrianasDaad
07-25-2005, 10:02 PM
Grunch -

Looks like you are on tilt. There aren't many reasonable hands that you are ahead of anymore. Alot of weird straights, some sets, overpairs. BB, CO and Button all like their hand to have 3-bet or cap it. You are probably drawing dead, and if you can't get to showdown cheaply, then I'd let this one go on the river.

ViperGTS
07-25-2005, 10:04 PM
What's with the check/call on the flop?

You cap pre-flop, lead on the turn, why the passive flop play?

Pre-flop I'd play the same (all the way down to JJ probably), lead the flop &amp; see what you run into. The aggression on the turn &amp; river would have me terrified.

Also leading/capping the river is suicide.

Viper GTS

Guthrie
07-25-2005, 10:08 PM
I would either bet out or check/raise the flop and fold the turn when the raising war breaks out.

irishpint
07-25-2005, 10:52 PM
i dont know where to begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cardcounter0
07-25-2005, 10:56 PM
Congratulations!

Misplayed on every street.

Duerig
07-26-2005, 12:01 AM
I think you raised too much.