Seat 10: Metaforics (3575)
Winsalot420 posts small blind (100)
Metaforics posts big blind (200)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero [ 8d, As ]
Hero?

ChuckNorris
07-25-2005, 09:41 PM
I push something like A8, KT, QJ, 66 here.. But that's just a result of playing and reading 2+2, not mathematics.

morgan180
07-25-2005, 09:51 PM
This is the best your fold equity is going to get - and there isn't a better spot for you to steal. These are decent cards and if you try to steal from the short stack you're definitely getting called as they will have an M of 2 in two hands. So all-in-all i think this is a good spot to push. Hopefully you'll be called by something like KJ or A5 and can run the board.

Isura
07-25-2005, 09:54 PM
Lot depends on BB's calling range, using the other small stack is folding all but very good hands. If he's calling with stuff like AT, KJ then I'm folding this.

1C5
07-25-2005, 09:54 PM
Glad others also said to push.

Just double checking as I would also push this.

bluefeet
07-25-2005, 09:55 PM
you'll likely be close to 1/4 lighter before you see another opportunity - gotta push it.

kasey2004
07-25-2005, 10:52 PM
POOOOSSSHHHH

/images/graemlins/spade.gif Kasey /images/graemlins/spade.gif

sapster
07-25-2005, 11:03 PM
I believe this one is a fold, and I usually err on the side of pushing too much in these spots. This is an ugly spot to push...If i am the button I am really hoping you push but thats not the only reason. There are varying factors here that turn this away from a clear push, the Chip leader is in BB, you will have a good button steal oppurtunity on 2nd places big blind, c. you arent the shortstack. Reads obviously help here. Will shortie push or blind himself down when he realizes you are going to fold and try to outlast him, how loose is CL etc etc. But in general I fold here and both look for a better spot and let shortie gamble too.

raptor517
07-25-2005, 11:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I believe this one is a fold, and I usually err on the side of pushing too much in these spots. This is an ugly spot to push...If i am the button I am really hoping you push but thats not the only reason. There are varying factors here that turn this away from a clear push, the Chip leader is in BB, you will have a good button steal oppurtunity on 2nd places big blind, c. you arent the shortstack. Reads obviously help here. Will shortie push or blind himself down when he realizes you are going to fold and try to outlast him, how loose is CL etc etc. But in general I fold here and both look for a better spot and let shortie gamble too.

[/ QUOTE ]

the reason i push this is because if sb is any good at all, hes shoving MANY hands there, and WILL shove on yer bb from button many many hands. if u fold, he picks up the bb, then yall are almost deadlocked for battle. u shove and pick up these blinds, or even win a showdown, then u are in a much more favorable position. holla

CaptSensible
07-25-2005, 11:31 PM
This is a great scenario for posting. A tough situation for us novices /images/graemlins/smile.gif With my limited poker experience the fact that there are essentially two callers with one of them have 3x my chip stack MIGHT scare me off of pushing here. I do realize that he's probably got a higher range of cards he'll play given he's big stacked but a lot depends on how he's been playing the last couple of levels. I see the logic in pushing here though and found myself really mulling this one over while looking at the poll.

tigerite
07-26-2005, 05:42 AM
This is an easy push, IMO.

fnord_too
07-26-2005, 09:28 AM
I said push, but that is only if I haven't pushed a lot lately. If I say stole the blinds 3 times in the last 6 or so hands, I probably let this one go with the BB being the big stack, and probably having loosened up his calling standards against me. Otherwise, I push.