PDA

View Full Version : J9o in Big Pot

RunDownHouse
07-25-2005, 08:38 PM
I feel like I didn't manage this pot size very well. MP is the only one to have stood out enough for me to comment on, since I've only been around a couple orbits. He has played just about every hand, hasn't raised one of them, and frequently likes to donkbet. He'll donk with any pair or anydraw, and he'll bluff at the river with any 2 (worse than A-high, at least) if its checked to him, seemingly regardless of previous action.

SB has hit the felt once (thanks partly to friendly MP) and just reloaded a hand or two ago. Comments on all streets appreciated.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP calls, Button calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, MP calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, MP calls, Button calls.

Turn: (11 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, Button folds, SB calls.

RunDownHouse
07-26-2005, 08:14 AM
bump

Mig
07-26-2005, 08:16 AM
if you want to raise, you have to raise now. There is 2 flush draw out there + possibily a str8 draw. That's the way to play this hand I think. On the river they might not even call 1 BB but on the turn they will call 2 with 1 card to come and a draw.

Tropex
07-26-2005, 09:01 AM
I wouldn't worry too much about the straight (4 outs) but flushdraws are scary.

T8 would be possible straight draw hand, I doubt they'd be playing 86 and as for T8, half of it's outs are tainted since it'd give our Hero a fullhouse d=] Make 'em pay for their draw. Considering hot this is played, I'd say it's more likely to be an overpair than a draw but still.

(Need to add again that I suck.)

Nietzsche
07-26-2005, 09:05 AM
I don't play it any differently.

RunDownHouse
07-26-2005, 10:07 AM
I guess I wondered most about the flop. Raise here, or wait? Once its 3bet, it'd be nuts to cap, yes?

Transference
07-26-2005, 10:16 AM
Your flop play looks completely standard to me