PDA

View Full Version : I am feeling sexy, are you?

PokerBob
07-25-2005, 08:32 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>

Flame away

mperich
07-25-2005, 08:35 PM
I am not feeling sexy after that one :P

-Mike

sam h
07-25-2005, 08:40 PM
If it's a mistake, it's not a big one. So if you're feeling sexy go right ahead, although I wouldn't make it standard.

Alobar
07-25-2005, 08:43 PM
Looks good to me. I don't do this everytime, but I definately do it. As long as you arent one of those people who HAS to bet the flop because they raised PF, then I don't see a problem with it.

PokerBob
07-25-2005, 09:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Looks good to me. I don't do this everytime, but I definately do it. As long as you arent one of those people who HAS to bet the flop because they raised PF, then I don't see a problem with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I only did it because EVERYONE limped. I think I'd just complete if there were 3 limpers. yes?

Perseus
07-25-2005, 10:08 PM
This is a fine play, but I'm not feeling sexy /images/graemlins/frown.gif

sthief09
07-25-2005, 10:12 PM
doesn't make much of a difference

wonkadaddy
07-25-2005, 10:52 PM
i love being out of position with a weak hand against a lot of players!!!! yum. i don't really see the purpose of mixing it up like this. you don't have a significant equity edge (if at all), and the hand won't likely make it showdown were you might earn a lil advertising. so why bother

mungpo
07-25-2005, 11:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

PokerBob
07-25-2005, 11:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
so why bother

[/ QUOTE ]

because I am feeling sexy

wonkadaddy
07-26-2005, 12:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so why bother

[/ QUOTE ]

because I am feeling sexy

[/ QUOTE ]

well, i have to admit...despite it being the title of your post i hadn' considered that side of it. i rescind my disapproval. sexy away.

sfer
07-26-2005, 12:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong. If it makes you feel sexy it's worth doing.

jdock99
07-26-2005, 01:21 AM
With A6s most flops are going to miss you and you will have to give up, and the ones that dont miss will most likely put you in a tight spot, like 569 flops or AK4 flops. Because of this I would rather keep the pot small, check any flop that hit me so I could get some honest information about the hands I am up against, (except if I flop a good draw like 2 spades or OESD w/ one spade, which I might bet for value) and then go for a raise/fold on the flop depending on the action, like whether it is checked all the way around to the button, who bets on a AK4 flop. Also, remember a lot of 5/10 players have 50/5/.5 stats, meaning they limp with a lot of hands you would raise with and you could easily be up against a bigger pocket pair, a bigger ace, or both. I dont mind raising this type of hand against limpers in position to take control of the hand and take free cards if I feel it prudent (even if an ace comes), but I really wouldn't want to raise for value from the sb w/ A6s.