PDA

View Full Version : UPC vs. Grand Prix de Paris

1p0kerb0y
07-25-2005, 07:47 PM
We are already seeing our first clash of big tournaments in season 4 of the WPT. I am somewhat shocked to see the big names at the UPC, as it has no televised final table to my knowledge. It is significantly less travel, however.

Kevmath
07-25-2005, 08:57 PM
The Ultimate Poker Challenge is a series of tournaments, and will be seen most likely in nationwide syndication. It's their second year, but they wised up this season and decided not to go on a points system, or to take 40% of each 1k buyin and put it towards the final tournament.

Also figure in it's less than 2 weeks after the WSOP, less than 1 week after the Bellagio Challenge Cup (which had about 90 in a 10k buyin tournament), and the robbery that took place shortly after the conclusion of the WPT event at ACF.

Kevin...

Matt24
07-25-2005, 09:35 PM
The Main event will be more than one episode also I believe.

1p0kerb0y
07-25-2005, 10:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Also figure in it's less than 2 weeks after the WSOP, less than 1 week after the Bellagio Challenge Cup (which had about 90 in a 10k buyin tournament), and the robbery that took place shortly after the conclusion of the WPT event at ACF.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great points.

FatalError
07-25-2005, 11:06 PM
The pros seem preety burned out by that kind of travel (flying over 20 hours) and i bet once a few of them tossed around the idea of skipping it so did a bunch of others, sorta like poker superstars implicit boycott... also isabel mercier's hot ass is gone