PDA

View Full Version : KK in massive 8way pot

eviljeff
07-25-2005, 07:39 PM
PokerRoom 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: eviljeff is BB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, completes, <font color="#CC3333">eviljeff raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls, calls.

Flop: (15 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(8 players)</font>
checks, <font color="#CC3333">eviljeff bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO folds, Button folds, folds, <font color="#CC3333">eviljeff ...</font>

I only have like 4 hands against everyone who's involved at this point, so basically no reads. with an overpair and bdfd, I know I have a huge equity edge here that I can push, but I'm trying to apply all the lessons that SSHE taught me. is this a case where I should wait for the turn to push a bigger edge? should I just call now and donkbet the turn hoping UTG+1 will raise and protect?

mmmmmbrother
07-25-2005, 08:00 PM
raising will probably fold out the sb, but not the others.
i think waiting and popping the turn wont lose you that much.

topspin
07-25-2005, 08:00 PM
You can't raise the turn to protect given your position. So I'd just go ahead and 3-bet it for value.

Chubbers
07-25-2005, 08:55 PM
I'd probably raise for value. If UTG re-raises again i'd be thinking he flopped his set, or his an ass holding A7o like most others i see. Because he limped in pre-flop i'm thinking he got a set.

Btw i've seen you on PokerRoom... when you were talking to the guy that wrote that macpoker program. Apparently i'm an elephant!

Arcturus
07-25-2005, 09:01 PM
You have the equity, keep building the pot.

eviljeff
07-25-2005, 09:44 PM
yeah I remember that. actually I think you were a mouse (actually better than an elephant), but the icons are so small that they look similar. not sure how many hands I have/had on you. hopefully your overall stats are more eagle-like!

http://www.openendsoftware.com/macpokerpro/playerTypeReference.html

07-25-2005, 10:55 PM
I’d call the Flop…. I feel like you are at a point where the pot is too big for an early fold and 3 betting isn’t going to protect anything. I don't think a flop call is going to hurt you here.

moot
07-25-2005, 11:03 PM
If UTG+1 is aggressive you could try a little bit of stop-go. Call the flop raise and lead the turn, hoping UTG+1 raises and faces the field with two cold. Or just 3betting the flop for value isn't a bad play, either.

Aaron W.
07-25-2005, 11:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I only have like 4 hands against everyone who's involved at this point, so basically no reads. with an overpair and bdfd, I know I have a huge equity edge here that I can push, but I'm trying to apply all the lessons that SSHE taught me. is this a case where I should wait for the turn to push a bigger edge? should I just call now and donkbet the turn hoping UTG+1 will raise and protect?

[/ QUOTE ]

The real question is whether you'll ever be able to protect ever again in this hand...

topspin
07-25-2005, 11:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The real question is whether you'll ever be able to protect ever again in this hand...

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to mention that I think once you stop-and-go the turn, the only hand that raises to protect will be one that beats your overpair.