PDA

View Full Version : Blinds war, cap with overcards ?

punter11235
07-25-2005, 07:18 PM
Hello !

I wonder if I wasnt too aggro here. I think interesting streets are flop and river. Villain is very passive, he didnt bet top pair twice with J7 on 7xx board before

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">8 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (8 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB

Would you cap flop ? would value bet the river ?

xGoreDudex
07-25-2005, 07:21 PM
I'd call the re-raise,
then play it how you did from there on...nice job if it worked out for you.

Moneyline
07-25-2005, 07:30 PM
Against a more aggressive player I like your line, but against a passive player you have to figure he has at least a pair so I prefer just calling his flop 3bet.

punter11235
07-25-2005, 07:33 PM
Hmm I thought its other way around. If he is passive I want to get freecard on the turn...

jba
07-25-2005, 07:41 PM
if villain doesn't bet top pair, what do you think he check raises with?

if he has at least Tx, you have at very most 6 outs and possibly less. when he raises the flop we are getting 7-1 pot odds. Even if we assume our overs are sparkly clean I we barely enough to call. I don't understand the 3-bet. if it's for a free card I think it is bad.

when villain c/c the ace after capping the flop it would appear that your initial passive read was incorrect and it now looks like you are ahead. maybe not enough info on the J7 hand - was that a multiway pot? big diff between top pair sevens multiway and top pair tens headsup.

punter11235
07-25-2005, 07:45 PM
It was 4handed and Villain was on SB, flop was 7xx, turn blank , he didnt bet J7.
3-bet was for a freecard, because I concluded that Villain probably has one pair and is passive in which case this can succeed. Is it bad ?

Moneyline
07-25-2005, 07:48 PM
I'd rather just call and take one off. If a player is very passive, I think the check/raise signals at least a strong hand. So you may get 3bet on the flop and end up paying too much to see the next card.

Just my opinion...

jba
07-25-2005, 07:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It was 4handed and Villain was on SB, flop was 7xx, turn blank , he didnt bet J7.
3-bet was for a freecard, because I concluded that Villain probably has one pair and is passive in which case this can succeed. Is it bad ?

[/ QUOTE ]

ok maybe I'm nitpicking but there is no such thing as "7xx" -- there are straight draws in there somewhere, no? the turn can not really be a blank because now we have four cards between 2 and 7. or a pair on board. or an overcard hit. scary stuff in a four way pot, and I might call that prudent rather than passive.

I don't think this pot is big enough to justify a free card raise. I would call the flop and fold the turn unimproved -- given your initial read.

deetle
07-25-2005, 11:44 PM
I would only call his flop raise and fold the turn unimproved because of His checkraise along with the "very passive" read

Yads
07-26-2005, 12:45 AM
the flop is a total spew. Why do you feel the need to 3 bet for a free card when your draw isn't exactly all that great?

Azhrarn
07-26-2005, 12:57 AM
I'll join the others and say 3-betting the flop for a free card isn't worth it here. The pot's small, and the SB almost certainly has a pair.

Given the way the hand went down, you absolutely have to bet the river here. SB looks like he's scared of the ace. Did he have JJ-KK?

punter11235
07-26-2005, 04:51 AM
He showed 108 for two pairs (WOW my read was correct , hes passiiiive) and won.
Ok I see I played it bad and overaggressive, thanks for comments.