PDA

View Full Version : Call down OK?

gmandan
07-25-2005, 06:41 PM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.
A raise for value and hoping to hit MP2 w/ two bets. UTG was caught for 3-betting a flush draw headsup on the flop. He's also a loose player and I've seen him showdown with a variety of hands (VP$IP 57.9% at 38 hands at the moment).

Turn: (8.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls, MP2 calls.
At this point I'm only really worried about UTG since the rest of the passive table hasn't shown much aggression and I think they're drawing to some straight, the flush, or just dead money. After getting 3-bet, I'm worried I could either be behind a two-pair or the straight, so I just call hoping to improve with a better with a Queen.

River: (18.75 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 folds.
No Queen, but I think the pot might be big enough for me to just call.

Final Pot: 20.75 BB

Anyone like/hate my flop, turn, and river play, particuarly the calldown?

hemstock
07-25-2005, 06:46 PM
I would play it exactly the same. Maybe call it down after the stop-n-go but a raise looks good as well.

eviljeff
07-25-2005, 08:09 PM
totally standard dude.

Mooski
07-26-2005, 07:32 AM
I'm new, please tell me where I'm going wrong here too.

Pre-flop: I'd play that the same
Flop: See above, because you're trying to drive out the draws, or middle pairs
Turn: Your raise is again to drive unmade hands out, so that's fine, but I'd be wary of the 3-bet here as it's either showing a set or a made draw. I would probably have folded here. Mind you, Villain could well be trying to get you out of the pot here as well.
River: IF I'd made it this far, I think this must be a blank and so I would treat it the same way as the Turn card, so a call.

Dave G.
07-26-2005, 08:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would probably have folded here.

[/ QUOTE ]

The pot is ginormous, we could still have the best hand (unlikely maybe), but we can always improve on the river. Folding to the 3-bet would be a disaster, even though it's not a good sign for us.

Call down is fine.