PDA

View Full Version : my home is being invaded by...

squeek12
07-25-2005, 06:24 PM
mold or mildew or something nasty growing on some parts of the floor and in toilets and sinks. i've tried a normal household cleaner, but I think I need something stronger. can anyone recommend a product that would help me take care of this problem. I live in New Orleans where it is constantly disgustingly humid, so I think mold is a pretty common problem around these parts.

swede123
07-25-2005, 06:25 PM
Why couldn't it just be a koala bear infestation? They are so much cuter than mold.

Swede

Meatmaw
07-25-2005, 06:30 PM
I don't know how common mold is around there, but take pains to identify it at the very least. Someone I know discovered toxic mold in her apartment as a result of negligent repairs and leaky rains. She and her dog had to evacuate and await some hazmat team or something to tell her what she could keep from her things. She had been sick with a flu of some sort for a few months prior to this discovery. Her dog had skipped going into heat. And the clincher, she had not had her period in 3 months.

The doctor said it will take several years (~10) for her body to be cleaned of the toxins and her immune system is not too great meanwhile.

Patrick del Poker Grande
07-25-2005, 06:30 PM
http://www.gp.lib.mi.us/information/about/Tools/sledgehammer.jpg
and/or
http://www.personal.psu.edu/users/k/j/kjm182/pics/Bills_movin/Bill%20at%20the%20wheel%20of%20the%20uhaul.JPG

mwilli31
07-25-2005, 06:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why couldn't it just be a koala bear infestation? They are so much cuter than mold.

[/ QUOTE ]
You'd turn the light on and a bunch of koala bears would scatter. "C'mon fellas, lemme hold one of you..."

swede123
07-25-2005, 06:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You'd turn the light on and a bunch of koala bears would scatter. "C'mon fellas, lemme hold one of you..."

[/ QUOTE ]

R.I.P.

mwilli31
07-25-2005, 06:52 PM
Yes, R.I.P.
I read somewhere the other day where they were calling him the Kurt Cobain of comedy. Perfect analogy IMO.

Brainwalter
07-25-2005, 06:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And feed you a leaf.

siccjay
07-25-2005, 07:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAo why is that so funny? Good job.

mslif
07-25-2005, 07:33 PM
Open all the windows and use bleach. I lived in FL for 6 years. That's the only thing that worked.

Claunchy
07-25-2005, 07:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAo why is that so funny? Good job.

[/ QUOTE ]
Because Mitch Hedberg was a [censored] genius, that's why.

lem45216
07-25-2005, 07:50 PM
Hmm, my bathroom is being invaded by weird yellow fungi mushroom type things. getting rid of them would require replacing lots of wood and doing various amounts of plumbing. So im just leaving them to grow somewhat and create a bathroom thats more close to nature. Thats my excuse anyway.