PDA

View Full Version : Buying a new wardrobe

DCJ311
07-25-2005, 06:18 PM
Ok, let's say you're a younger guy who made quite a bit of money recently and now you're looking to splurge a little bit on new designer shirts, pants, shoes, sunglasses, etc. Money is really no object, you just want to look like a rich baller when you go out to clubs and parties.

What stores would you shop at and what types of items would you purchase at each respective store?

Also let's assume you don't want to come across as an Antonio Esfandiari style person.

nothumb
07-25-2005, 06:22 PM
I would just pay somebody else to go out pretending to be you, bring back some chicks and then switch places once they get them in bed. I have a feeling clothes won't be enough.

NT

swede123
07-25-2005, 06:24 PM
I'd say go to a department store, Nordstroms or Macys or something. Find some younger, female or gay male sales person working the men's department. Explain your objective and watch them go to work. Have them pick out entire outfits for you, so you won't be forced to pick correct shoes for your shirt, belt for your pants etc. (you can always figure these things out for yourself eventually). That's pretty much it.

Swede

Eegs
07-25-2005, 06:29 PM
bra and panties

Rearden
07-25-2005, 06:30 PM
"Also let's assume you don't want to come across as an Antonio Esfandiari style person. "

There's the real trick, not looking like Antonio...

And are we talking like "young rich ceo man" look... or "rich basketball player"
If the first find a good tailor/elite menswear store and buy some properly sized suits, pants, etc (a properly fitted suit or even just a solid button down shirt sized precisely is the win and any fine establishment will be happy to show you any number of colors, patterns, or designers for mens wear until you find something you like)
If basketball player....FUBU? Sean John?
Just remember... its very easy to go to a party looking like high end Euro trash (or a failed Ipod commercial) but hard to pull off anything with real class

TripleH68
07-25-2005, 06:35 PM
Banana Republic for casual wear.

If you are buying a suit, Hugo Boss or Hickey Freeman. Nordstrom has very nice dress shirts. Accept no substitutes.

gorie
07-25-2005, 06:37 PM
you better [censored] put out dressed like that. $$

Rick Nebiolo
07-25-2005, 06:44 PM
If you are getting conventional shirts to go with a sport jacket check out the all cotton wrinkle free $50 shirts from Men's Wearhouse. I'm not sure this chain is nationwide but here (http://tinyurl.com/csshd) is a link to the shirt on their online shop.

Those shirts look better at the end of the second wear than most $30 Macy's type shirts five minutes after putting it on.

~ Rick

PS Agree, don't end of looking like Antonio.

usmfan
07-25-2005, 06:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also let's assume you don't want to come across as an Antonio Esfandiari style person.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is SO not 1.4

IronDragon1
07-25-2005, 06:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you just want to look like a rich baller when you go out to clubs and parties.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize that-at best-these are somewhat contradictory statements.

mason55
07-25-2005, 06:57 PM
If money is no object, go to higher scale stores than Nordstrom or Bloomie's.

Start at a nice store like Barney's, figure out what you like with the help of a salesperson. Ask if they know any smaller boutiques that have the same style of stuff. If you spend a bit they will be more than happy to help you out as long as you make it clear that you also intend to return to shop with them.

Edit: This assumes you live in a real city.

J_V
07-25-2005, 06:59 PM
I like Armani Exchange and Kenneth Cole. I would get the craziest jeans and dress shirts you can find. The crazier the better. Tame is a waste of time and money.

Stay away from super designer stuff if you are in your 20's.

Get some cool shoes too. If you want people to notice your clothes, you are gonna have to be pretty ballsy about what you wear.

J_V
07-25-2005, 07:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"rich basketball player"

[/ QUOTE ]

G'd up from the feet up is pretty much never a good idea.

siccjay
07-25-2005, 07:05 PM
This is not that hard. If money is no object, just go to nice stores and buy whatever you like.

Do people feed you and hold your hand when you piss too?

bugstud
07-25-2005, 07:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would just pay somebody else to go out pretending to be you, bring back some chicks and then switch places once they get them in bed. I have a feeling clothes won't be enough.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

apt observation

JasonM
07-25-2005, 07:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd say go to a department store, Nordstroms or Macys or something. Find some younger, female or gay male sales person working the men's department. Explain your objective and watch them go to work. Have them pick out entire outfits for you, so you won't be forced to pick correct shoes for your shirt, belt for your pants etc. (you can always figure these things out for yourself eventually). That's pretty much it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I do. But usually I look for the hottest girl I can find and have her help me out.

Jason

M2d
07-25-2005, 07:37 PM
just get some levis and some polos or t shirts. when someone comments on your underdressed state, tell them " screw it, I'm rich".

MrTrik
07-25-2005, 07:39 PM
I'd find someone who has style and buy them lunch in return for taking you shopping. Be careful with girls though, you might end up looking like a total dweeb or batting for the other team. Also look for the hottest salesgirl. As someone else mentioned. She knows what she likes and what her girlfriends like. This will end up being the best style choice because if hot chicks think you dress like a million, you probably do.

Ulysses
07-25-2005, 07:48 PM
http://www.clipartreview.com/_gallery/_LG/1821000.jpg

Quercus
07-25-2005, 07:53 PM
Neiman Marcus or Nordstroms. Ask for a personal shopper, tell her/him what basic look you want and have them set you up.

It will be expensive. You will look good.

Eurotrash
07-25-2005, 09:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just remember... its very easy to go to a party looking like high end Euro trash (or a failed Ipod commercial) but hard to pull off anything with real class

[/ QUOTE ]

uh, excuse you. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

jakethebake
07-25-2005, 09:20 PM
Try HERE. (http://www.cafepress.com/pokergeek/592106)

DCJ311
07-25-2005, 09:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

I should have said that the purpose of this is not solely to bang hot women, but to demonstrate financial superiority in life to all other people you are around. Mostly I'm just wondering where really rich people buy their clothes and accessories.

gorie
07-25-2005, 09:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

I should have said that the purpose of this is not solely to bang hot women, but to demonstrate financial superiority in life to all other people you are around. Mostly I'm just wondering where really rich people buy their clothes and accessories.

[/ QUOTE ]

no really, can i have some money ? $$

DCJ311
07-25-2005, 09:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

PM me with pics and we'll talk.

gorie
07-25-2005, 09:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i like the sound of this.
can the pictures be in text form ?

DCJ311
07-25-2005, 10:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously, I just assumed it was implied that I meant I wanted rough textual makeups of what you look like.

o-|-< rotated 90 degrees for example would be mine

and

<oB-< would be what Im looking for from you

kerssens
07-25-2005, 10:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously, I just assumed it was implied that I meant I wanted rough textual makeups of what you look like.

and

[/ QUOTE ]

I like how the right one is larger than the left.

pokerdirty
07-25-2005, 10:05 PM
there was a thread on this earlier today (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2963808&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1#Post2964482)

gorie
07-25-2005, 10:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and

[/ QUOTE ]
cool, my boobs are a little lower than that though and i don't wear a paper hat.

kerssens
07-25-2005, 10:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
there was a thread on this earlier today (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2963808&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1#Post2964482)

[/ QUOTE ]

eh??

gorie
07-25-2005, 10:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it's funny cuz it's true.!

kerssens
07-25-2005, 10:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know ! /images/graemlins/blush.gif

errr, I mean I just figured or something /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

jakethebake
07-25-2005, 10:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

most girls have one a lil bigger.

gorie
07-25-2005, 10:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
um, shhhh.

DCJ311
07-25-2005, 10:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

cool, my boobs are a little lower than that though and i don't wear a paper hat.

[/ QUOTE ]

You may as well have a penis then, sheesh.

Stuey
07-25-2005, 10:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He has enough money to convince you to put on the paper hat of that I am sure.

gorie
07-25-2005, 10:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
oh, i forgot to mention that part. i do. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

kerssens
07-25-2005, 10:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maulik
07-25-2005, 10:15 PM
if you're tall & thin

you can entertain, the following jeans:

Paper, Denim & Cloth
Energie (www.energie.it)
G-Star (lots of stores carry this)
7 For All Man Kind

jeans are the first essential element for a waredrobe, the nshoes

gorie
07-25-2005, 10:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

umm!!! shhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

DCJ311
07-25-2005, 10:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

50 bucks sound fair then?

jakethebake
07-25-2005, 10:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if you're tall & thin

you can entertain, the following jeans:

Paper, Denim & Cloth
Energie (www.energie.it)
G-Star (lots of stores carry this)
7 For All Man Kind

jeans are the first essential element for a waredrobe, the nshoes

[/ QUOTE ]

well i'm now pretty sure that Maulik is out replacement word for gay.

Stuey
07-25-2005, 10:24 PM
Be honest Gorie, what is the first thing a woman notices when she looks at a man?

His shoes? Sure girls like shoes but I think only if they are buying them for themselves.

His jewlery? Money hungry ones I guess.

His ass? This is what most girls have told me. And if you don't have a nice ass just goto the gym and do some deadlifts, problem solved. And it costs nothing.

Just a bunch of cheeky bum lookers I tell yah. /images/graemlins/grin.gif