PDA

View Full Version : pushing UTG

axeshigh
07-25-2005, 05:57 PM
Sometimes you get these tables where there's always limpers and minraisers and you can't seem to catch a hand, so you end up with 600-700 chips UTG with blinds 50/100, going to 100/200 quick.

I've been under the assumption that pushing AT-A8, KQ, and any pair in that situation was good, but I seem to always get called by a domiunating hand, so I figure I may be mistaken.

Say the table is 6-handed, and the chances of having an opportunity to push from SB or button after going through the blinds are slim, what hands are you correct to push?

axeshigh
07-25-2005, 08:49 PM
Anyone?

diconoclastx
07-25-2005, 08:52 PM
I think you have to push those with your M so low. A8 and A9 might be pushing it a little. You don't have time to wait for better hands.

morgan180
07-25-2005, 08:56 PM
You have to figure out what your 5 opponents are likely to be calling with here. People tighten up as they get towards the bubble and with stack sizes dwindling in comparison to the blinds you have to stick in an all-in raise sooner rather than later to give you some folding equity as you progress through the game.

At 100/200 you only have two trips around the table left so you have to find a spot to push. If it's been a tight table all of your hands you listed are good to push and many more, including broadway cards (although not lower than A7 if you can help it.) Really, on a tight table you should take one of the first opportunities available to you to a utilize your first in folding equity to the fullest.

On a loose table you want to try to pick a little better hand and hope to get called by a hand you dominate, otherwise you can push in to the blinds and 1 limper from LP and fold them as you approach the bubble.

axeshigh
07-25-2005, 11:39 PM
Well there's usually a donk big stack or two that will call with Ax, KT+ QJ and any pair, mid stacks will call AJ+, KQ, 55+.

My question is, when there are no good spots due to the looseness of the table, is it more -EV to push A8-AJ, 55-88, KQ into a minraiser or 2 limpers from button, or open push any pair, A7-AT, KQ UTG.

Maybe I'm just trying too hard, both scenarios suck and I should just push anything I feel like and hope to get lucky.