PDA

View Full Version : How will DN spend BarryG's money?

newfant
07-25-2005, 05:21 PM
So it looks like Mr. Negraneau is poised to carve out a nice chunk of BarryG's bankroll. By my calculations, DN could end up with $2 million or more of BG's roll.

How should DN spend this newly found wealth? A poster on fullcontactpoker.com suggested that DN buy a Ferrari with personalized plates: "Barry's $". Another possible use might be a statue of DN gazing thoughtfully over Las Vegas in front of The Wynn. Poker lessons bought and paid for by DN as a gift to vanquished pros might be yet another possibility.

How do you think DN will spend Barry's money?

homicide
07-25-2005, 05:27 PM
your trolling skills are subpar at best.

william kidd
07-25-2005, 05:29 PM
Post deleted by Dynasty

Hold'me
07-25-2005, 06:30 PM
Daniel should donate the money to Children's Inc and other various charities. That would really rile Barry up.

07-25-2005, 06:33 PM
Hey new,

Just curious, what are your calculations based on? If DN is up that much on Barry -- wow.

LotsOfOuts69
07-25-2005, 07:17 PM
I lost track of the match. Last I heard Barry won the first two, then DN won the third and had a lead in the 4th. I never heard anything else. Where can I get the results? Thanks.

augie00
07-25-2005, 07:28 PM
I am surprised that you are so sure that Barry won't come back and beat Daniel overall when it's over.

West
07-25-2005, 08:03 PM
Just FYI, his calculations are based on speculation that Daniel will beat Barry in most of the rest of the matches they have scheduled. IIRC, they were supposed to play ten, and each have won two of the four they've played so far. So at the moment anyway, DN has spent this much of BarryG's money: $0

At $500,000 a match, DN would have to win 5 of the last 6 scheduled matches to get up $2 million.

Smoothcall
07-25-2005, 08:55 PM
If, and thats a big IF he wins, i think he will buy mirrored walls all around his house so he can see himself from every angle.

DHamilton97
07-25-2005, 09:41 PM
Smoothcall, sounds like you really got something against DN ;p every post you seem to have something negative to say towards him.

Quicksilvre
07-25-2005, 11:03 PM
The thinking is that they've already played the games that Barry has an advantage in, and that DN has the edge in the games to come.

technologic
07-25-2005, 11:26 PM
even with an edge, variance can be a pretty nasty thing

JimHammer
07-25-2005, 11:50 PM
He'll probably go shopping....

Danny the metrosexual (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=2806407&page=&view=&s b=5&o=&vc=1)

jojobinks
07-26-2005, 12:39 AM
Post deleted by Dynasty

LLKOOLK1
07-26-2005, 12:43 AM
Post deleted by Dynasty

TheCroShow
07-26-2005, 02:12 AM
start a clothing line with shirts that have catch phrases and trash talk:

"Barry G's $$$"-Daniel N holding a wad of C-Notes
"Say Cheese" DN with a mouthful of gold teeth

i failed at marketing, shoot me

xniNja
07-26-2005, 02:33 AM
It's possible I'm idolizing Barry Greenstein... but are you guys serious in thinking Negreanu holds an edge in any game versus Barry? I'm surprised it's 2-2 if that's what it is. Anyone want to give me some odds on $50 (payable through UB or whatever) against Barry as the winner?

Smoothcall
07-26-2005, 02:37 AM
Yeah it sounds like that. But i really don't. Again he seems like not a bad guy. I just think his arrogance and the way he acts kinda annoys me. But he's probably a good guy. just annoying. my opinion may change and like him more. more likley than not liking him more as he is not a jerk. just a little too invovled in himself, and wanting everybody to know how great he is. he will mature.

A_Junglen
07-26-2005, 03:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah it sounds like that. But i really don't. Again he seems like not a bad guy. I just think his arrogance and the way he acts kinda annoys me. But he's probably a good guy. just annoying. my opinion may change and like him more. more likley than not liking him more as he is not a jerk. just a little too invovled in himself, and wanting everybody to know how great he is. he will mature.

[/ QUOTE ]

I 100% agree. He's obviously an amazing player, but sometimes speaking too much of your mind is a bad thing. I don't know...some people seem to like how straight-forward he is, but be humble.

Phill S
07-26-2005, 07:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's possible I'm idolizing Barry Greenstein... but are you guys serious in thinking Negreanu holds an edge in any game versus Barry? I'm surprised it's 2-2 if that's what it is. Anyone want to give me some odds on $50 (payable through UB or whatever) against Barry as the winner?

[/ QUOTE ]

Barry hasnt, as far as im aware, played much heads up in the past. Certainly not to the same degree that Daniel obviously has.

This is going to give Daniel an edge in games which Barry isnt amazing in. He was beaten at 7-Stud, but it games like Omaha and Holdem Daniel should have an edge as Barry is supposedly less versed in them.

In theory...

Phill

xniNja
07-26-2005, 08:10 AM
Really? I was under the impression Barry held a huge advantage in Hold'Em over DN... I think DN is supposed to be a strong omaha player, but Barry is no stranger to high stakes cash games and I'd guess that he has more experience than DN in all of the games overall? Are there any prop bets on booking sites for this?

Wes ManTooth
07-26-2005, 10:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So it looks like Mr. Negraneau is poised to carve out a nice chunk of BarryG's bankroll. By my calculations, DN could end up with $2 million or more of BG's roll.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will bet you even money that DN will not be up $2 mil more of BG's roll. DN will not win 5 of the next 6 head's up matches. Not sure what your betting limits are but PM me if your interested.

xniNja
07-26-2005, 11:22 AM
Hey quit trying to cut in on my action. I'll give 1.5:1 on that same bet.

Steel Aces
07-26-2005, 12:18 PM
Looks like on other challenge matches...

Quicksilvre
07-26-2005, 01:09 PM
Yeah, with ya. Winning four out of six is possible for DN, but it's possible for Barry G, too. I don't see either of them winning five out of six.

OldLearner
07-26-2005, 01:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just think his arrogance and the way he acts kinda annoys me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your authoritative posts on almost every topic makes me think you are describing.....yourself???

Cased Heel
07-26-2005, 01:51 PM
You REEEEEEEEEEEALY want Greenstein to reply to this, don't you?

Get a life.

xniNja
07-28-2005, 04:44 PM
I haven't been to Greenstein's site in a while... but I'm surprised he hasn't said anything. He's not exactly soft spoken (and only slightly subtle)... and after reading Negreanu's post on "Who he wants to play," with Greenstein noted as one of his marks... I would expect some sort of response from Greenstein. (In addition to taking all of Daniel's money)

Jackal
07-28-2005, 06:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds eerily familar to a few people on this forum...

KSOT
07-30-2005, 12:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Daniel should donate the money to Children's Inc and other various charities. That would really rile Barry up.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!

XPac
07-30-2005, 03:11 AM
I HOPE Danny wipes his ass with $8000, $9000 if he's had chili.....