PDA

View Full Version : "be careful"

schwza
07-25-2005, 05:18 PM
have you guys ever had somebody say something like "careful, [name]"? i hate to say it, but i think it might be effective in reducing my steals with garbage, esp in blind v blind spots.

anybody say it to others?

kyro
07-25-2005, 05:19 PM
yeah, it affects me too. i'm always afraid of a spite call. i chill for a hand or two. then i attack again and they usually still fold.

the shadow
07-25-2005, 05:56 PM
The second time a player has raised to steal my SB or BB, I often say "That's 2." I rarely have to type "That's 3." I've never had to say "That's 4" because I've pushed or called a push by then.

The Shadow

sf340flier
07-25-2005, 06:07 PM
Didn't some poker author write about this? Maybe Cloutier or someone? If I recall, the author suggested doing this when faced with an aggressive player going after your blinds.

Then again, I could be way off...wouldn't be the first. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

A_PLUS
07-25-2005, 06:14 PM
It slows me down with garbage, but I am still stealing if I am +EV vs Any Ace, any pair, K8+.

Recently though, I've been playing all of my games with no chat at all. I may be missing something, but it works for me

bigt439
07-25-2005, 08:05 PM
I say this somewhat frequently. I usually only say this to my sb if they try something like min raising, and I only do it if I come over the top of them (usually with a decent hand). If it happens once I say, "be careful", twice and I say "how many times do I have to tell you". There's rarely a third. I wouldn't keep saying it if I didn't think it would help.

kuro
07-25-2005, 08:46 PM
I don't say it. I just push into them or call and push over their continuation bet. I don't want to let the villain know that I'm tired of him raising me and that I'm playing marginal cards against him. I want him thinking that I'm weak tight from the blinds and that I must have him beat.