PDA

View Full Version : 2 pairs on the turn what's the line ?

Mig
07-25-2005, 04:59 PM
Vilain is not overly aggro, his stats are 30/20/1.5. No read on him.

That's the line I took but I'm wondering if it wouldn't be better to bet and hope he raises for a 3 bet ?

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls.

River: (10 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB

BabyJesus
07-25-2005, 05:15 PM
Looks good, you have SB calling two cold on the flop which means he probably has a piece of the board. You will be able to get a check raise out of him there on the turn.

I think the most imporant thing is if UTG checks the turn a lot in cases like this. If he does it a fair amount of time I would donk bet the turn. If he continues to bet a hand like AK-AT or even like KQ most of the time, I would go for the check raise. He might get a little scared when SB cold calls on the flop if he just has overs.

Given that you just know that he is aggressive and have no reads, check raising the turn looks good.

JrJordan
07-25-2005, 05:16 PM
I like the turn c/r better in this case because it gives you the chance to trap SB for a bet, which I think is more likely than the chance you get to 3-bet. UTG will probably slow down with his overpair since you say he's not overaggro. If SB had folded already and was a non-factor, then the bet/3-bet line carries a lot more weight.

Mig
07-25-2005, 05:29 PM
yeah that's exactly why I tried to c/r because sb was still hanging around. If sb had folded I was auto donking and 3 betting.

Redd
07-25-2005, 05:35 PM
If we're putting him on overs, what about a flop 3-bet?

BabyJesus
07-25-2005, 05:46 PM
SB cold called two on the flop. Don't really know if your T is best at this point, you have a weak kicker. If this was heads up, you can make an arguement for 3 betting the flop.

Stack
07-25-2005, 06:00 PM
sb calling two cold on the flop would prevent me from 3-betting. I like your line all the way.

I know that I would have at least considered 3-betting the flop tough. utg can easily raise with overs to get rid of sb. If sb doesn't have us beat (which is likely since he's not betting or raising), this is the time to get an extra something from him. Anyone has any comment on 3-betting the flop?