View Full Version : 11's SNG 3-handed quiz - running numbers

ClaytonN
07-25-2005, 04:25 PM
This situation actually happened to me last night:

Hero has 2600 on the button
Villain 1 has 2800 in the SB
Villain 2 has 2600 in the BB

Blinds are 150/300

Around 2-3 hands ago villain 1 got to his 2800 chip stack by calling an all-in of over half his stack with 94 offsuit. He says afterwards he likes "mixing it up". Truth be told, he's voluntarily putting his money in with any two cards.

So, with that in mind, You are more or less assured that with any push you make, Villain 1 (SB) is going to call. Villain 2 is your standard weak/tightish minibet player who will likely only call off all his chips with 99+ and AQ+.

What range of hands do you push, given this scenario?

Isura
07-25-2005, 04:30 PM
I'm pushing a lot of good hands here.

cadillac1234
07-25-2005, 04:44 PM
At this point you and your opponents M's are 6 and the effective Ms are probably much lower because of the number of players.

Playing loose and fast is the way to go especially if he was down to sub-$1400 level...

Abuse Villain 2 without mercy as he's going to blind his stack away and be willing to put Villain 1 in with any sort of hand.

It's Push and Pray at this point

skierdude1000
07-25-2005, 04:48 PM
If villian maniac folds... each hand you push

Isura
07-25-2005, 05:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To be more specific, I think atleast top 15%. Even though he's calling with any 2, you can't wait around for a monster to punish him. It's probably correct to push close to 25% of your best hands.

ClaytonN
07-25-2005, 05:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If villian maniac folds... each hand you push

[/ QUOTE ]

please reread the initial post. villain maniac is calling with any two cards

kyro
07-25-2005, 05:31 PM
"he likes mixing it up"

I laughed at that.

Hmmm, interesting question. I'd probably go with A8+/K9+/QJ+/66+

And yes, I pulled those hand ranges out of my ass.

pooh74
07-25-2005, 05:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This situation actually happened to me last night:

Hero has 2600 on the button
Villain 1 has 2800 in the SB
Villain 2 has 2600 in the BB

Blinds are 150/300

Around 2-3 hands ago villain 1 got to his 2800 chip stack by calling an all-in of over half his stack with 94 offsuit. He says afterwards he likes "mixing it up". Truth be told, he's voluntarily putting his money in with any two cards.

So, with that in mind, You are more or less assured that with any push you make, Villain 1 (SB) is going to call. Villain 2 is your standard weak/tightish minibet player who will likely only call off all his chips with 99+ and AQ+.

[/ QUOTE ]

You didnt tell us how agro plays PF first in? Is he pushing every hand too? Or just callin em?

Obviously the more I feel Im getting pushed into every hand the looser my own range will become when I'm first to act.

ClaytonN
07-25-2005, 05:52 PM
What relevance is his PF aggression? All that matters is I'm pushing or folding, and he's calling a push. So what do I push?

axeshigh
07-25-2005, 06:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What relevance is his PF aggression? All that matters is I'm pushing or folding, and he's calling a push. So what do I push?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pf agression obviously matters. If both villains fold every time you are in the BB, and one of the villains will call every single time you push, you theoretically would be right to wait for AA to push.

pooh74
07-25-2005, 09:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That response alone tells me you should not be posting hand quizes....im done witht his thread.

nice try

vinyard
07-25-2005, 09:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

To be more specific, I think atleast top 15%. Even though he's calling with any 2, you can't wait around for a monster to punish him. It's probably correct to push close to 25% of your best hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you were more right the first time if indeed the BB were calling with any two. Unfortunately OP is off here in his assumption that this player is calling with any two. Yes he called off *half* of his stack three handed with 94s. That does not imply that he will call off his entire stack with any two. From the button I am pushing top 20% and into an unraised pot with the tight player in the SB I am pushing top 50%.