PDA

View Full Version : HU with top pair

schwza
07-25-2005, 03:57 PM
~5 hands into heads up. villain had min-bet a couple times and i had folded. he'd been kinda loose in defending.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (2 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB (t4855)
Hero (t3145)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t400</font>, BB calls t250.

Flop: (t800) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets t150</font>, Hero calls t150.

Turn: (t1100) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets t150</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t700</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t4305 (All-In)</font>, Hero ?

skierdude1000
07-25-2005, 04:04 PM
Hero raises the flop to get more information on the player...

He calls and bets out turn, you raise, he pushes, you CALL

Colonel Kataffy
07-25-2005, 04:04 PM
I don't think I've ever folded top pair Heads up. But i don't think i've ever been heads up with the blinds so low.

kyro
07-25-2005, 04:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hero raises the flop to get more information on the player...

He calls and bets out turn, you raise, he pushes, you CALL

[/ QUOTE ]

So you raise the flop for information and then throw your chips in after the information you get screams "HE'S GOT A GOOD HAND!!!"

kyro
07-25-2005, 04:19 PM
Bleh, tough spot. You're still left with &gt;10BB if you fold. If you fold, maybe he'll show you his hand. I hate folding here, but I hate calling. I think it's close.

kgrad5
07-25-2005, 04:20 PM
i think you made a mistake by not raising that flop which left you in a tough spot.
you are now only beating Q worse kicker and a 7 (unlikely).
what is the villains read on you? are you capable of bluff raising when the board pairs? its unlikely he is even paying attention..
is this a 10+1 by the way?
you put in a significant reraise in on the turn and he decided his hand was good enough to get all his chips in.
if hes a thinking player then i would say it doesnt look good for you. however, that being said ive seen people go all in with any part of the flop too many times to say that isnt a possibility.
If you are a favorite in this headsup match i say fold it and wait for a better spot, if you dont feel like you are a favorite this is a good place to call i guess.
i would probably throw it away..

schwza
07-25-2005, 04:22 PM
this is a 33. i had been pretty active 3- and 4-handed, but might have been perceived as weak-tight HU.

kgrad5
07-25-2005, 04:26 PM
if he perceives you as weak tight and he is pushing on your raise i think you are beat and get out. If im raised by a weak tightie that usually means he has a pretty good hand.
you will still have a very healthy stack with small blinds and plenty of time to get your chips in.

the shadow
07-25-2005, 05:10 PM
The board is paired. Villian either has trips or is bluffing.

At the turn, think about just calling. It's a cheaper way for you to get to the showdown.

If that's too weak-tight for you, push the turn and pray for a Q on the river.

The Shadow

schwza
07-25-2005, 05:15 PM
in retrospect, i think calling the turn is the best line. villain has few outs, and i will have shown very little strength so i can pick off a healthy bluff on the end. if he checks, i can value bet with confidence.

i folded.