PDA

View Full Version : Top 2 on 4 Straight Board - 10/20 Commerce

lapoker17
07-25-2005, 03:02 PM
Commerce last night - 10/20

I'm in SB w/ $3400. 4 limpers to me and I complete w K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif. BB knocks.

Flop comes K /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I lead for $100. BB ($4000) who strikes me as weak/not good calls, all others fold.

Turn Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I bet $200. BB calls.

River 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I bet $300.

Do you guys check that river and why?

fsuplayer
07-25-2005, 03:07 PM
no, against a weak player its an easy bet fold.

checking lets even a weak player bluff you.

i like it. heck, he might even fold the same hand or a weird played btm set.

lapoker17
07-25-2005, 03:13 PM
If I check, I'm planning on calling most bets. I was thinking that a bad player may bet his K9 2pair or something but may fold to my bet, fearing the str8.

fsuplayer
07-25-2005, 03:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If I check, I'm planning on calling most bets. I was thinking that a bad player may bet his K9 2pair or something but may fold to my bet, fearing the str8.

[/ QUOTE ]

did you mean weak, as in weaktight, or a weak playing player?

if weak tight, i dont know if he bets K9 or the like on the river.

lapoker17
07-25-2005, 03:29 PM
Yeah - Maybe bad word choice. His hands shook a lot and he fumbled chips, etc.. in every hand he played regardless of his holdings. I don't know if he was weak, like calling station weak, because I did see him bet his own hand some. He was just really nervous all the time. I just hate feeling like I'm leaving money on the table.

THATWACOKID
07-25-2005, 05:03 PM
I think you bet the perfect amount on the river. A worse two pair will most likely call. Given the description of villian, it doesn't sound like he would bluff here. I think this bet gives you maximum value from worse hands while giving you an easy fold if he raises.