PDA

View Full Version : Bubble hand...I know he's calling...Push or Fold?

ZBTHorton
07-25-2005, 02:44 PM
44 players remaining, 40 places pay. Naturally all the money is at the final table.

Blinds are 300/600. Ante(75 I think) I'm sitting at T3000. In 40/44. To my left are three average stacks around 12-15K.

The table has been playing very tight as we approach the bubble. BUT, the player two to my left has called me on semi-steals everytime I've tried on this table and out flopped me each time. The appearance of the table is that although tight, the 'bigger' stacks have been calling the small stacks all-ins and blind steals almost everytime.

I am in CO with AJos. It's folded to me. Do I push here knowing he's going to call with anything decent? I have 7 hands before I am back in the blinds.

ZBTHorton
07-25-2005, 02:45 PM
Now that I read this, him calling with anything makes this more of an insta-push. Heh.

Anyways. I'd still appreciate some thoughts.

Potowame
07-25-2005, 02:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Now that I read this, him calling with anything makes this more of an insta-push. Heh.

[/ QUOTE ]

AJo is a monster hand in this situation.........

07-25-2005, 03:06 PM
You could easily fold and sit back and slide into 40th place but playing super tight for a few more minutes, but it sounds to me like you have bigger aspirations than to make back just a little bit more than your buy-in. Might as well push here to give yourself a decent chance of moving up toward the more rewarding payouts.

ZBTHorton
07-25-2005, 03:12 PM
Yeah, this is such an insta push.

I guess I just had a bad feeling cuz I bubbled in 4 tournies last night within an hour. :-)

JC_Saves
07-25-2005, 03:19 PM
easy push with your stack level. I hope I do get called by K9 or Q6 or better yet AT through A2

Lloyd
07-25-2005, 03:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You could easily fold and sit back and slide into 40th place but playing super tight for a few more minutes, but it sounds to me like you have bigger aspirations than to make back just a little bit more than your buy-in. Might as well push here to give yourself a decent chance of moving up toward the more rewarding payouts.

[/ QUOTE ]
1) This is not necessarily correct (in terms of sliding ITM).
2) This would be a bad decision and if part of your thinking something you need to look into further.

Easy push.

Benal
07-25-2005, 04:25 PM
An argument can be made for folding if getting ITM is first priority for you, but I'm sure you know that pushing is the correct play.

davidross
07-25-2005, 04:30 PM
My god, I push here with almost anything...AJ looks like AA to me. SOunds like you have several guys that might call you with Ax, what a dream situation.

soweak.
07-25-2005, 05:02 PM
What would you do if you were in the same situation but 50 away from the money?

Lloyd
07-25-2005, 05:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
An argument can be made for folding if getting ITM is first priority for you, but I'm sure you know that pushing is the correct play.

[/ QUOTE ]
And if that were the priority then I would make an argument that you shouldn't be playing MTTs (at least with a goal of making money). I would suggest that the only time folding into the money might be profitable is if you're on the bubble with a stack so short (hopefully because you've lost a big all-in hand and not because you've been blinded down) that even doubling or trippling up will not help you much and you have another very short stack about to hit the blinds.

Benal
07-25-2005, 05:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And if that were the priority then I would make an argument that you shouldn't be playing MTTs

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100%, but keep in mind that OP didnt state what the buyin size was for this MTT. He could very well have qualified for the Party Million for 10 bucks, and $600 could be a nice score for him.