PDA

View Full Version : Flopped top two pair on bubble, villain gets weird.

imported_metrognome7
07-25-2005, 01:39 PM
I feel I played this as about as well as I know how - which isn't saying much. /images/graemlins/wink.gif I realize that I got into a tussle with the only stack at the table that could bust me, but I'm looking to win and I wanted chips. Did I make a mistake on the turn, is this a legitimately bad beat, or did I just get 0wn3d?

$5+.50 SnG on FullTilt
Blinds are 100/200
UTG (t1400)
Button (t2100)
Villain/SB (t6600)
Hero/BB (t3400)

Villain has played big stack poorly; he's generally weak-tight but has sucked out several times.
Button is a rock who's been waiting around for someone else to bust and will only get into hands with AT+ and PPs - hence I don't PF raise.
I was the short stack as recently as 10 hands ago but I've been bullying as much as a I can.

UTG folds
Button calls 200
Villain/SB completes
Hero <Q/images/graemlins/club.gif7/images/graemlins/heart.gif> checks

Flop Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif3/images/graemlins/spade.gif
Pot 600
Villain checks
Hero bets 500 (Trying to win it right here.)
Button folds
Villain calls (Figure him for Q9+, A7, or A3)

Turn <Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif3/images/graemlins/spade.gif> 5/images/graemlins/club.gif
Pot 1600
Villain checks
Hero bets 1000 (I'm instapushing any river if called.)
Villain thinks for a while and finally calls

River <Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif3/images/graemlins/spade.gif> <5/images/graemlins/club.gif> T/images/graemlins/heart.gif
Pot 3600
Villain bets $1000
Hero raises all-in for $1700
Villain goes into the tank; after a long think he calls

Results in white:
<font color="white">Villain shows 6d4c for a 7-high straight
Hero shows Qc7h for two pair
Hero finishes in 4th place </font>

If I played this like crap, let me know. Only by asking and receiving criticism can I hope to improve...

Thanks,
Adam

kyro
07-25-2005, 01:45 PM
You made strong value bets against a complete moron. Tough break.

That said, when a sucky passive fish leads into me on the river, it often means he has a very stong hand. I'd probably just call here, that way if I lose, I still have 700 to play with.

imported_metrognome7
07-25-2005, 02:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

...when a sucky passive fish leads into me on the river, it often means he has a very stong hand. I'd probably just call here, that way if I lose, I still have 700 to play with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent point. I think by the river of this particular hand I was so committed to my Q9+ read that I never even considered that he might have donked a straight.

Reviewing the hand one more time I realize that given my read I should've been worried about QT, but with 4/5 of my stack already in the pot...

skierdude1000
07-25-2005, 02:20 PM
I don't think I would have played this any different. Seriously, the river push was fine. He would've played this way with AQ, QK, etc.

kyro
07-25-2005, 02:22 PM
You can't fold the river obviously.

But the 700 chips you win are much less useful than the 700 chips you keep if you lose.

bluefeet
07-25-2005, 02:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You made strong value bets against a complete moron. Tough break.

That said, when a sucky passive fish leads into me on the river, it often means he has a very stong hand. I'd probably just call here, that way if I lose, I still have 700 to play with.

[/ QUOTE ]

...yep.

hey, very nice well-organized looking post by the way. manually done i assume? hoping maybe you stumbled on a purty new converter.