PDA

View Full Version : Bullshit Pyramid

Tyler Durden
07-25-2005, 12:56 PM
is probably the greatest drinking/card game ever. Puts [censored] to shame.

You arrange cards in a base 5 pyramid. You can play with three to seven players. Each player receives three (or four, but three is better) downcards, arranged left to right. After they are arranged each player may look at his/her cards. They must memorize them and put them in the same order they were in before they were picked up. No second looks. Remembering your cards after lots of alcohol makes the game more difficult/more fun.

The first card is turned up in the base of the pyramid. If someone has that card they can tell anyone to drink. Even if they don't have the card, they can tell someone to drink. But if the drinker calls bullshit, the person who told them to drink has to show them that card or drink if they don't actually have it. This is where the fun begins.

You can tell two ppl to drink but if both call bullshit on you, you have to show two of those cards. For example, if an 8 is turned up on the pyramid and you tell two ppl to drink, you must show two different eights if they both call bullshit.

If someone drinks on a card in the base of the pyramid, that's one drink. If they snap off a bullshit, the person who made them drink has to drink double. If they call bullshit and are wrong, they have to drink double. The top of the pyramid is 5 or 10 drinks, depending on whether or not there was an instance of bullshit.

Players can sit out a game at any time and a new one can join in, so that's pretty cool. The game is easy to learn and the psychology involved makes it wicked fun.

On Saturday night, my first time playing, I proved to the world that I am probably the best player that this game has ever seen. So don't try to mess with me.

ThaSaltCracka
07-25-2005, 12:59 PM
this sounds fun.

asofel
07-25-2005, 01:08 PM
definitely a great game. The bluffing and trying to get reads on people is pretty funny once you're smashed...we had someone look at his cards and forget them literally 5 seconds later....good times...

and TD definitely pulled off a series of the biggest slowrolling shittalking moves ever at this game...

Tyler Durden
07-25-2005, 01:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
and TD definitely pulled off a series of the biggest slowrolling shittalking moves ever at this game...

[/ QUOTE ]

you said those were the best moves you had ever seen!

Homer
07-25-2005, 01:15 PM
I hate games with no winner.

asofel
07-25-2005, 01:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you said those were the best moves you had ever seen!

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly. i'd guess that the combination of setup and cards needed for those moves won't happen again in the next year. f'ing hilarious.

Tyler Durden
07-25-2005, 01:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Erroneous! Erroneous!

In a game like this, everybody wins.

swede123
07-25-2005, 01:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you talking about? The winner is clearly anyone who doesn't throw up by the end of the night. This is the case with most drinking games.

Swede

Wes ManTooth
07-25-2005, 01:32 PM
For the record I pwned Tyler Durden in this game to the point that I almost felt sorry for him.

key word "almost"

MrTrik
07-25-2005, 01:41 PM
Looks like a great game to me. I've seen a lot of them and wish this one was around in my college years. Definately +EV for getting laid.

mmbt0ne
07-25-2005, 01:41 PM
I just learned this game about 2 months ago, and it's a staple now in the rotation of drinking games. The other new favorite is Horse Race.

Pull out the Aces, and line them up beside each other. Then make a line of 6 down cards so it looks like:

X
X
X
X
X
X
_A/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Now, shuffle the rest of the deck, and start flipping over cards from the deck. Move the ace of the same suit forward one space. So, if you flip the 2/images/graemlins/club.gif it looks like

X
X
X
X
X
X A/images/graemlins/club.gif
_____A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif

When every ace is at or past one of the downcards, turn the card on that level over and move the ace of that suit BACK one level.

As for the drinking, everybody bets 5 or 10 or however many drinks they want to on a suit. If that suit wins, you give out your drinks. If that suit loses, you have to drink your drinks, plus whatever any of the winners give to you.

-Skeme-
07-25-2005, 01:44 PM
I think drinking games suck.

mmbt0ne
07-25-2005, 01:46 PM
When you go to college, you'll change your mind.

Tyler Durden
07-25-2005, 01:48 PM
I think you suck.

Tyler Durden
07-25-2005, 01:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this sounds fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's b/c it is.

Tyler Durden
07-25-2005, 01:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For the record I pwned Tyler Durden in this game to the point that I almost felt sorry for him.

key word "almost"

[/ QUOTE ]

this too is erroneous. there was no such pwnage.

Wes ManTooth
07-25-2005, 01:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think drinking games suck. Because I always lose

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Los Feliz Slim
07-25-2005, 01:55 PM
This (which we called Beeramid) and Drunk Driver were my favorites in college. In both cases we would stack the deck against unknowing people who were playing for the first time.

This game also works with P.O.T.

AllIn3High
07-25-2005, 01:56 PM
Yes this is a pretty good drinking game. But never ever play with someone that knows how to count cards - you'll get pwned.
And if you decide the drinking isn't going fast enough you simply reverse the pyramid.

Sponger15SB
07-25-2005, 01:57 PM
Yeah me and my friends play a variation of that with no bullshit. We usually have like 8 people playing so we use two decks, everyone gets 6 cards face and we use a base 6 pyramid and the drinking is give1, take2, give3, take4, give5, take6

Tyler Durden
07-25-2005, 02:01 PM
your version sucks but that's not surprising b/c you suck. do you see why? you should probably kill yourself. SIIYP. and it's not close. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

samjjones
07-25-2005, 02:02 PM
We used to play this, but then we discovered NLHE...

Sponger15SB
07-25-2005, 02:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
your version sucks but that's not surprising b/c you suck. do you see why? you should probably kill yourself. SIIYP. and it's not close. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I swear, next time we play HU in a $55 SNG.... I'm gonna win..... and not blow a 7k v 3k lead. DIEEEEEEEEEEEE

TheMainEvent
07-25-2005, 02:05 PM
Get drunk and test your knowledge of psychology/game theory:

Mexicali (http://www.drinksmixer.com/games/9/)

Tyler Durden
07-25-2005, 02:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I swear, next time we play HU in a $55 SNG.... I'm gonna win..... and not blow a 7k v 3k lead. DIEEEEEEEEEEEE

[/ QUOTE ]

i knew it was you. man you got punk'd last week. that was severe pwnage on my part.

p.s. your game needs a lot of work.

PokerGoblin
07-25-2005, 02:27 PM
two questions:

what is the object?

and what happens once someone has exposed all three of his cards?

asofel
07-25-2005, 02:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
two questions:

what is the object?

[/ QUOTE ]

to get drunk...and to make the cute girl at the party drink lots too...

[ QUOTE ]

and what happens once someone has exposed all three of his cards?

[/ QUOTE ]

once you expose a card you get a new one from the deck. the round is over when the pyramid has been completely flipped over.

PokerGoblin
07-25-2005, 02:36 PM
ok cool that makes more sense.

-Skeme-
07-25-2005, 02:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When you go to college, you'll change your mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I won't. What's the point of playing a game to get drunk? There's a much easier way to become intoxicated, it's called drinking. It's real simple, instead of flipping coins, playing go fish or watching Springer, you just drink.

Drinking games are ghey.

[ QUOTE ]
Because I always lose

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't that the object?

WackityWhiz
07-25-2005, 02:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just learned this game about 2 months ago, and it's a staple now in the rotation of drinking games. The other new favorite is Horse Race.

Pull out the Aces, and line them up beside each other. Then make a line of 6 down cards so it looks like:

X
X
X
X
X
X
_A/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Now, shuffle the rest of the deck, and start flipping over cards from the deck. Move the ace of the same suit forward one space. So, if you flip the 2/images/graemlins/club.gif it looks like

X
X
X
X
X
_____A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif

When every ace is at or past one of the downcards, turn the card on that level over and move the ace of that suit BACK one level.

As for the drinking, everybody bets 5 or 10 or however many drinks they want to on a suit. If that suit wins, you give out your drinks. If that suit loses, you have to drink your drinks, plus whatever any of the winners give to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

damn, i'm definately playing this one. Sounds like a sweet game

Easy E
07-25-2005, 02:41 PM
is probably the greatest drinking/card game ever

... if you like alcoholism and liver damage, that is.

Sponger15SB
07-25-2005, 02:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No, I won't. What's the point of playing a game to get drunk? There's a much easier way to become intoxicated, it's called drinking. It's real simple, instead of flipping coins, playing go fish or watching Springer, you just drink.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe because its fun? Whats the point of taking a round ball and trying to throw it into a circle while 5 people try and stop you?

Skeme you sound like a real blast to hang out with.

-Skeme-
07-25-2005, 02:44 PM
My point is that these games aren't fun to me, Sponger. Not that they can't be fun to anybody else.

[ QUOTE ]
Skeme you sound like a real blast to hang out with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dang, I had huge plans. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

TheWorstPlayer
07-25-2005, 02:45 PM
Yo, you're gonna have to explain this new cards thing. You only get a new card if you're challenged and have to flip one (two)? Also, if an eight gets flipped in the pyramid and you have an eight, you can give a drink. Then if they flip another eight in the pyramid, you can give another drink, right? Sounds like fun, just need some clarification.

asofel
07-25-2005, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yo, you're gonna have to explain this new cards thing. You only get a new card if you're challenged and have to flip one (two)? Also, if an eight gets flipped in the pyramid and you have an eight, you can give a drink. Then if they flip another eight in the pyramid, you can give another drink, right? Sounds like fun, just need some clarification.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, so no matter WHAT card is flipped over, you can say "X, drink". They can either call bullshit or drink. If they accept the drink, then that play is done. If they call bullshit you can either show them that you do indeed have the card, and they have to drink 2 times the current level, or you have to drink (if you don't have the card).

Say i have 8 A K as my cards.

First card: 4

"Tylder Durden, drink. "

He drinks, thinking I have it.

Second card: A

"Tyler Durden, drink."

He calls bullshit.

I flip over my middle card to show its an A. He drinks twice, and i get a new card face down in the spot where the A was. I look at it once and continue playing.

Make sense?

Wes ManTooth
07-25-2005, 02:53 PM
your new card comes from the stack of left over cards that have not been used in the pyramid or handed out to the players.

TheWorstPlayer
07-25-2005, 02:58 PM
Yup makes sense now. And if the first pyramid card was an 8 and you made TD drink and the second pyramid card was also an 8 you can make him drink again, correct?

asofel
07-25-2005, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yup makes sense now. And if the first pyramid card was an 8 and you made TD drink and the second pyramid card was also an 8 you can make him drink again, correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure. He might get suspicious though seeing another 8 out there. Of course TD was really good at realizing that all 3 of a card where accounted for, and having his opponent show him the last one...time and time again...

TheWorstPlayer
07-25-2005, 03:03 PM
Awesome. Thanks. Can't wait to make my friends drink when the pyramid shows up with all four 8s. I certainly have friends who won't notice.

asofel
07-25-2005, 03:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Awesome. Thanks. Can't wait to make my friends drink when the pyramid shows up with all four 8s. I certainly have friends who won't notice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahaha...that would be hilarious...the mind games you can play with people in this game are excellent.

MrWookie47
07-25-2005, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

X
X
X
X
X
X

X
X
X
X
X

[/ QUOTE ]

damn, i'm definately playing this one. Sounds like a sweet game

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a classic. I've definitely had a night I don't remember because of this game. However, there are several things to do to make it more fun. First, name the horses. It gives everyone playing something to cheer for. Second, make sure the person flipping the cards calls it out like a horse race, furthering the drunken cheering. Third, when someone places a bet, have them place a token (bottle cap, coin, or whatever) to solidfy their attachment to that horse. Last, have odds on the bet. When you deal out the cards, count up the number of each suit showing (including the A's), and give people those odds on their bet - 4 spades showing, they get 4:1 on their bet. This can rapidly get out of hand, but that's kind of the idea. Also, I always played that when you place your bet, you have to take that many drinks. You have to pay money to bet on horses. You're not off the hook if you win.

Tyler Durden
07-25-2005, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
is probably the greatest drinking/card game ever

... if you like alcoholism and liver damage, that is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I /images/graemlins/heart.gif both of these.

miajag81
07-25-2005, 03:17 PM
i gotta say i'm with Skeme on this one. drinking games are so freshman year of college.

TheWorstPlayer
07-25-2005, 03:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
drinking games are so freshman year of college -one of the best times of everyone's life and well worth reliving forever.

[/ QUOTE ]

asofel
07-25-2005, 03:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i gotta say i'm with Skeme on this one. drinking games are so freshman year of college.

[/ QUOTE ]

Skeme wasn't saying they're so college...just that they suck...if you can't find joy in adding alcohol to an activity, then something is clearly wrong...

-Skeme-
07-25-2005, 03:47 PM
I'm 17 and I also think they're juvenile, but whatever. And my point was that adding games into drinking was corny, not adding drinking to something else. I guess I just can't see the fun in playing games to drink when you can just drink in the first place. :-/

Wes ManTooth
07-25-2005, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm 17 and I also think they're juvenile, but whatever. And my point was that adding games into drinking was corny, not adding drinking to something else. I guess I just can't see the fun in playing games to drink when you can just drink in the first place. :-/

[/ QUOTE ]

don't worry if you go to college you will understand why... also you will understand many many other things.

asofel
07-25-2005, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

don't worry if you go to college you will understand why... also you will understand many many other things.

[/ QUOTE ]

such as "the walk of shame"

TheWorstPlayer
07-25-2005, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

such as "the walk of shame"

[/ QUOTE ]
and the unlikelihood of that hot girl from your freshman seminar agreeing to come to your place to drink compared with the likelihood of her agreeing to go to your frat party for power hour.

Slow Play Ray
07-25-2005, 04:07 PM
we play this all the time on camping trips, or when we rent beach houses. fun, fun game.

poker-penguin
07-25-2005, 04:12 PM
Even money says Skeme doesn't experience the walk of shame until after he changes his view on drinking games.

WackityWhiz
07-25-2005, 04:18 PM
I don't know how you guys are when you play these games, but I drink regardless of winning or losing. I enjoy playing these games and if I have to drink more cuz I lose, then so be it. I'm definately drinking even if i win, between rounds, when other people lose and drink, I'm always gonna be drinking.

These games just make the night even more fun. They definately aren't 'juvenile' as some of you said.

TheWorstPlayer
07-25-2005, 04:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They definately aren't 'juvenile' as some of you said.

[/ QUOTE ]
Of course drinking games are juvenile.

asofel
07-25-2005, 04:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

some are, some aren't.

TheWorstPlayer
07-25-2005, 05:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

some are, some aren't.

[/ QUOTE ]
when was the last time your grandmother got together with her pals to play drinking games? The act of playing a game which involves drinking alcohol is immature and juvenile. And fun as hell.

asofel
07-25-2005, 05:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

some are, some aren't.

[/ QUOTE ]
when was the last time your grandmother got together with her pals to play drinking games? The act of playing a game which involves drinking alcohol is immature and juvenile. And fun as hell.

[/ QUOTE ]

bad example as my grandmother was married to an irishman...
(ok so they drink and play cards and its not a "drinking game" so to speak).

I think it depends on how you define game, and how you view the activity. If its pounding a beer everytime Keanu says "whoa" in a movie, sure its kind of juvenile. You could easily have a running bet or some sort of "game" with some buddies that isn't "juvenile", at least IMHO.

TheWorstPlayer
07-25-2005, 06:07 PM
OK fair enough. I think we're both pretty much on the same page here. And we both know that Skeme has no idea what he's in for.

asofel
07-25-2005, 06:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
OK fair enough. I think we're both pretty much on the same page here. And we both know that Skeme has no idea what he's in for.

[/ QUOTE ]

very true.

(now off to play some pool......and drink...)