PDA

View Full Version : Review: Hand 52, T9

fizzleboink
07-25-2005, 12:50 PM
Flopped a full house: why not slowplay? There are several opponents with a draw heavy board (flush, straight, overcards). You are not risking much becuse the pot is small. All of those draws still make their hands second best, which will allow you to extract more bets on later rounds when they do make their hand. CO will be more inclined to bet with a greater range of hands compared to the range of hands that he will call a bet with (I'm thinking about small pocket pairs). Even if it is checked through, you are giving back door flush and straight draws some hope and someone may spike a pair.

I think you will be able to get more BB's in on the turn this way either through more than one caller or a raise.

The rest seems ok to me.

I almost always slow-play a flopped full house because of the reasons above, any thoughts?

07-25-2005, 02:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Flopped a full house: why not slowplay? There are several opponents with a draw heavy board (flush, straight, overcards).

[/ QUOTE ]

You answered your own question here. A slowplay is bad precisely because there are many possible draws out there, and these drawing hands don't know they're drawing dead. Get their money before they find out their draws will miss on the turn or river.

DRKEVDC
07-25-2005, 05:05 PM
If this were no limit I would agree that you would slow play with the intent of check raising all in at some point. Since this is limit and you are looking to build a pot bet it and hope that they chase their hand.

GrunchCan
07-25-2005, 05:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If this were no limit I would agree that you would slow play with the intent of check raising all in at some point. Since this is limit and you are looking to build a pot bet it and hope that they chase their hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't. Its unlikely that anything will come that an opponent will back up with his whole stack, and we can't rely on a bluff to double through the opponent here. Nobody will call your all-in bet. I make small (1/3 - 1/2) value bets on every street.

parachute
07-25-2005, 05:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You answered your own question here. A slowplay is bad precisely because there are many possible draws out there, and these drawing hands don't know they're drawing dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that's exactly when you do want to slowplay.

Felipe
07-25-2005, 05:38 PM
I'd slow play, but not act dead. I'd bet n raise a bit, but won't let it getted checked around. I might be missing on serious EV. (and money)

07-25-2005, 05:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You answered your own question here. A slowplay is bad precisely because there are many possible draws out there, and these drawing hands don't know they're drawing dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that's exactly when you do want to slowplay.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's consider it this way.

Suppose you hold A/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, the nut flush draw. You see someone bet this flop. Do you fold?

Now suppose the 2/images/graemlins/club.gif falls on the turn, and the flop bettor bets again. Don't you raise? Can you fold to a 3-bet?

Count up how many bets go into the pot if our hero takes this line, versus if he keeps giving free cards that may or may not make someone's draw.