View Full Version : TT flops all unders...and then i sorta close my eyes and bet

bluewilde
07-25-2005, 12:47 PM
Because it's early, I'm OOP and um...it's early, I think limping with TT is best. When it's minraised in a multi-way pot, I think "weee, he has an overpair to my tens." Flop comes all unders, I'm still unsure of my hand, but I lead out (I can't really defend this, so if somebody wants to tell my why it's glaringly good/bad, jump in). Anywho, it just gets called. I check the turn cause I'm really suspicious of an overpair, and the highcard on the board pairs /images/graemlins/frown.gif. Villain checks behind and I value bet the river (he's played weak enough that I sorta decide there's enough of a chance I'm ahead that betting is best). 1/2 pot ok?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button (t1060)
SB (t1190)
BB (t770)
UTG (t760)
UTG+1 (t470)
MP1 (t230)
Hero (t1065)
MP3 (t520)
CO (t1935)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls t15, Hero calls t15, MP3 calls t15, CO calls t15, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t30</font>, SB calls t20, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls t15, Hero calls t15, MP3 calls t15, CO calls t15.

Flop: (t192.50) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t120</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls t120, SB folds, MP1 folds.

Turn: (t432.50) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

River: (t432.50) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t200</font>, Button calls t200.

Final Pot: t832.50

proell
07-25-2005, 12:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Flop: (t255)

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP. The converter doesn't seem to be calculating pot totals correctly.

So, with 255 in the pot, I make a bigger flop bet. ~200, because you most likely have the best hand, but are very susceptible to just about any drawing hand and you want to take the pot now. Again, you also need to worry about the button's min-raise with 7 PF limpers (is this a huge hand?). Either way, you need to bet and see.

Checking the turn is terrible. No free cards when just about anything that comes will be dangerous and make your river decisions very difficult.

skierdude1000
07-25-2005, 01:02 PM
Make it a pot sized bet on the flop... flush draws + overcards need to pay

11t
07-25-2005, 01:19 PM
Well this is purely about the river bet, I doubt villain has an 8. However, I would have check-called because you will snap off a lot of bluffs but you won't risk getting re-raised by an 8 or some crazy bluff that will force you to lay your hand down.

If villain has an overpair he has JJ and is probably re-raising you on this dream flop.

However there are many draws on this board and it is completely plausibile that villain has a spade draw or a lower pp (55-77) instead of an 8. Many times you will have missed draws bluff at the river in an attempt to win the pot that they have built up (by many times incorrectly chasing draws) and lower pairs than yours incorrectly "value" betting the river instead of checking behind. The lower pairs will probably call your bet, but the spade draws are typically going to be folding unless they hit the river 9 or are maniacs and are going to push.

However if villain has a8 or some dude with k8 or one of the lower suited connectors that involve an 8 and checked behind you on the turn you are going to be re-raised on the river and be forced to throw your hand away.

So anyways, this river bet loses you chips in the long run imo.