PDA

View Full Version : ATs from the CO near the bubble

Quercus
07-25-2005, 12:42 PM
$10 entry tourny, hero is shortstack of 13 remaining players with about 14BB left.

Folded to hero in the CO with ATs. Hero raises to 3.5BB, button folds. SB thinks for most of his clock and then raises all in (villain has about 5BB more than hero), BB folds.

Villain has been playing reasonably tight, though he has restole from the blinds more than once and gotten his opponents to lay down preflop.

What's hero's move here?

sekrah
07-25-2005, 01:20 PM
Fold.. Take your 11.5 BB and find another spot.

A_PLUS
07-25-2005, 01:28 PM
Someone restealing from the blinds more than once is very out of the ordinary in a 10$ MTT. If he has done in more than twice, I would call. If there are antes, I may call as well.

Quercus
07-25-2005, 02:08 PM
I ended up making the call and doubling up against his 99.

Villain regaled me with stories of his four trips to WSOP final tables in the last fourteen years and strongly suggested I'd made a very poor play.

I've been thinking about the hand for the last hour or so and can't decide if it was just a marginal call or a flat odd bad one. At the time I made it, I really thought I would see A8o as often as AK, and 55 more often than QQ. WIth the pot size where it was, it seemed like a fairly easy call to me at the time.

I'd also recently folded a 3.5BB open-raise from the CO to a big resteal from the button, which seemed to increase the likelihood of facing a marginal hand.

Meh, I'm not sure. Worked out ok in the end, I ended up winning the tourny - with this hand being one of only two coinflips I had to face.

sekrah
07-25-2005, 02:13 PM
It's definently not a bad play.. I'd probably have folded it, but it's certaintly reasonable to take a stand right there IMO, if you don't feel like playing off an even shorter stack.

blockafor
07-25-2005, 02:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Villain regaled me with stories of his four trips to WSOP final tables in the last fourteen years and strongly suggested I'd made a very poor play.

[/ QUOTE ]

And then tell him, "No, a poor play is reraising me all-in when you don't want a call." Ha! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

pfkaok
07-25-2005, 04:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd also recently folded a 3.5BB open-raise from the CO to a big resteal from the button, which seemed to increase the likelihood of facing a marginal hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

This, along with the fact that he'd restole a few times before without seeing his cards i think makes this a call for sure... you're getting pretty good odds, probably have a good equity vs. his range, and could be in great shape if you double up.