PDA

View Full Version : Do Noobs play PLO like a slot machine?

Phishy McFish
07-25-2005, 12:05 PM
I guess I'm asking even relative to poker in general. Sadly, I know I did when I started. The draws are so tempting, soo many. Until you play for a while and realize that the other guy has possibly just as many (or higher draws) and possibly a made hand backing them.

Also, are the games on Party or anywhere else noticibly different than on say Paradise or BoDog?

d1sterbd
07-25-2005, 03:32 PM
I know I was a donator and probably still am in some cases.. it can be difficult to switch from NL Hold'em to Omaha

PorscheNGuns
07-25-2005, 04:31 PM
The general population is slightly more fishy on Prima's PLO tables and NLO tables, but usually there is only a couple of games of .10/.20 and .25/.50 (still good for bonus whoring and cleaning up $100-200 each time you do)

-Matt

Spellmen
07-25-2005, 10:35 PM
Between bad beats and bad play of late I am feeling like an ATM /images/graemlins/grin.gif

RickyG
07-26-2005, 03:48 PM
yes. and I love it.

I love it when I read quotes on Party like

"I hate when people take this game too seriously. This game is all luck, not like holdem"

Things like that make me giggle, and of course respond "yeah, this game is a crapshoot"

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Lafortezza
07-26-2005, 11:24 PM
Biggest mistake I see with new players is overplaying weak 2-pair hands.

jj_frap
07-27-2005, 05:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
yes. and I love it.

I love it when I read quotes on Party like

"I hate when people take this game too seriously. This game is all luck, not like holdem"

Things like that make me giggle, and of course respond "yeah, this game is a crapshoot"

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

One time a guy bitched me up in a heads-up limit HE match because we were only playing for $5 U.S. and I was trying while he wasn't.

Incidentally, if you want extremely fishy PLOH, check out the low and middle limit at PokerStars.