PDA

View Full Version : Styxx vs. Journey

ThaSaltCracka
07-25-2005, 10:56 AM
Well, I had a discussion about this over the weekend. IMO, both of these bands are fairly similar, but with Stxx being the gayer of the two bands. I mean [censored], they sing about a [censored] robot, and there are x's in their name. Anyways, which one is better?

BreakfastBurrito
07-25-2005, 10:58 AM
i'm pretty sure there's only one x in styx

ddollevoet
07-25-2005, 10:59 AM
I associate Styxx more with Kansas.

And Journey with REO Speedwagon (or Foreigner).

ThaSaltCracka
07-25-2005, 11:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i'm pretty sure there's only one x in styx

[/ QUOTE ]meh whatever, its staying the way it is.

ChoicestHops
07-25-2005, 11:01 AM
Styx.

I was at the Peabody in Memphis two years ago with my friend's girlfriend's mom. The mom was probably sleeping with one of the members of Journey, but I got to meet them and they seemed pretty weak.

And their music sucks.

Bulldog
07-25-2005, 11:01 AM
Who doesn't like robots and the letter X?

Lazymeatball
07-25-2005, 11:07 AM
Mr. Roboto is not a gay song. It's an allegory for a not too distant future of 'robots' taking over the jobs of the hard working blue collar americans that Styx empathises with, as does a large percentage of their fanbase. And by 'robots,' I'm pretty sure Styx is referring to the Japaneese (or just Asians in general) and how American industrial jobs are fleeing overseas.

Nothing rocks more than buying stuff that's "Made in the USA," or hating on Japs.

ChipWrecked
07-25-2005, 11:11 AM
This is sad, because back in the 70's Styx was a pretty cool band. As DeYoung grabbed more power, they got gayer and gayer until he finally left to produce a Liza Minelli album (no lie).

Journey has (had) Neil Schon who played guitar on Santana's first album which is cool... but Steve Perry's voice is so gay, I must give them the nod for gayness.

BottlesOf
07-25-2005, 11:23 AM
WHY OH WHY MUST I CHOOSE!??!?!?!?!?!

I voted Journey, but they both rule.

johnnybeef
07-25-2005, 11:29 AM
No contest, Styxx sucks

S_Perry
07-25-2005, 11:31 AM
What a tard-fest.

Lazymeatball
07-25-2005, 11:36 AM
http://www.jeffbots.com/styxkilroy.jpg
Note the vaguely Asian features of the Robots. Oddly enough this album was very popular in Japan.

razor
07-25-2005, 11:41 AM
Journey is less gay but not by much...

samjjones
07-25-2005, 12:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Styx.

I was at the Peabody in Memphis two years ago with my friend's girlfriend's mom. The mom was probably sleeping with one of the members of Journey, but I got to meet them and they seemed pretty weak.

And their music sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]
Journey's Greatest Hits is alright, IMO. At least 4-5 quality songs on it. Foreigner is better than both of these, too.

MrWookie47
07-25-2005, 12:11 PM
I'm supposed for the lesser of two evils, right? In that case, I vote Journey.

Man, a few years back there was a concert at the gorge (Washington) featuring Styx and Journey together. With their powers combined, I thought the world was going to explode due to the awesome might of the bad music there.

Overdrive
07-25-2005, 12:21 PM
Better vocalist: Journey's Steve Perry
Better guitaritst: Journey's Neal Schon
Only (semi) cool member of Styx: Tommy Shaw
Most gay member: Styx's Dennis DeYoung
Band with hardest rocking songs: Styx - the ones that Tommy Shaw sang not the Dennis DeYoung off broadway sapfeasts.

So in conclusion, I really can't say - but it sure does make me long for the days when there was more on the radio and tv being played than gangsta rappers singing about riding on dubbs and slapping bitches with their 16 inch dicks...or maybe I'm just getting old.

ThaSaltCracka
07-25-2005, 12:29 PM
THESE RESULTS are very interesting indeed.

KDawgCometh
07-25-2005, 12:33 PM
this is officially the poll from hell, just add jounry and foreigner and then we'd have the sh<font color="red"></font>ittiest poll to end all polls

RacersEdge
07-25-2005, 12:37 PM
Note the obvious Asian features of the Robots.

FYP

ThaSaltCracka
07-25-2005, 12:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this is officially the poll from hell, just add jounry and foreigner and then we'd have the sh<font color="red"></font>ittiest poll to end all polls

[/ QUOTE ]I don't follow how this could possibly be the shittiest poll ever.

Boris
07-25-2005, 12:45 PM
nice poll Cracker. I think we should ban everyone that likes either of the bands.

I voted for Styx by the way.

ThaSaltCracka
07-25-2005, 12:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
nice poll Cracker. I think we should ban everyone that likes either of the bands.

I voted for Styx by the way.

[/ QUOTE ]yeah I guess the question should have been which one sucks the least.

TheMainEvent
07-25-2005, 12:48 PM
When its clear which side the OP wants to win, I tend to vote for the other side as a rule. Especially when its a close call like this one.

Boris
07-25-2005, 12:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yeah I guess the question should have been which one sucks the least.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I like the way you phrased the question. I would've omitted the [censored] reference though. Then all the Styx/Journey fans would think you were serious and they wouldn't be afraid to out themselves. At this point we could ban them.

ThaSaltCracka
07-25-2005, 12:54 PM
yeah I guess I failed in that regard. Well, i want some more votes people!

Boris
07-25-2005, 12:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yeah I guess I failed in that regard

[/ QUOTE ]

dude! don't be so hard on yourself. I seriously thought it was one the best polls we've had in a long time. nobody's perfect.

ThaSaltCracka
07-25-2005, 01:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
yeah I guess I failed in that regard

[/ QUOTE ]

dude! don't be so hard on yourself. I seriously thought it was one the best polls we've had in a long time. nobody's perfect.

[/ QUOTE ]well it definitely is one of the better polls recently. I pwn in that regard.

KDawgCometh
07-25-2005, 02:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If we had a poll off of Foriegner, Styxx, Rush, and Journey, I don't see how that wouldn't be a realy shitty poll. 4 of the shittiest bands clumped all together, yup, sounds like hell to me

ThaSaltCracka
07-25-2005, 03:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If we had a poll off of Foriegner, Styxx, Rush, and Journey, I don't see how that wouldn't be a realy shitty poll. 4 of the shittiest bands clumped all together, yup, sounds like hell to me

[/ QUOTE ]you really are stupid.

KDawgCometh
07-25-2005, 07:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]you really are stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

never claimed to be the sharpest knife in the drawer

West
07-25-2005, 07:48 PM
I like 'em both, especially Styx, so bring on the ban.

CCass
07-25-2005, 10:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
yeah I guess the question should have been which one sucks the least.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I like the way you phrased the question. I would've omitted the [censored] reference though. Then all the Styx/Journey fans would think you were serious and they wouldn't be afraid to out themselves. At this point we could ban them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw both of them in concert back in their hey-day (the 80's). I guess I am the 1st on Boris' list.

Neal_Schon
07-25-2005, 10:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What a tard-fest.

[/ QUOTE ]

Neal_Schon
07-25-2005, 10:26 PM
Do you know how hard I rocked?

This shouldn't even be close.

Leo99
07-25-2005, 10:26 PM
I saw them both in concert last year. REO too. Journey is my favorite. That Neil dude can sure play the guitar. I thought they were kind of bubble gumish back in the day but they're cool. Styx was darker (hellish) and their fans a lot rowdier. LOL

Boris
07-25-2005, 11:14 PM
I'll notify Dynasty.

nothumb
07-25-2005, 11:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Geddy Lee dude... best bass player ever!

Rush is so clearly the best of these 4 bands, not close at all.

NT

West
07-25-2005, 11:44 PM
Beware of the Queen of Spades!

Jules22
07-26-2005, 12:00 AM
this is like asking afather to pick between his kids, its not fair. also go 80s music!!

07-26-2005, 12:17 AM
i dont really remember either but i remember hearing a song on Family Guy from Journey i liked so,
JOURNEY ALL THE WAY BITCH

JDErickson
07-26-2005, 02:40 AM
Seen them both in concert back in their glory years. Journey was much better.

sthief09
07-26-2005, 11:56 AM
styx [censored] blows

journey is funny

chesspain
08-07-2005, 03:41 PM
Johnny,

Your avatar ROCKS!

P.S. I'm going to the Northwestern game this year.

ptmusic
08-07-2005, 03:54 PM
Are you a professional pollster?

-ptmusic

HopeydaFish
08-07-2005, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Are you a professional pollster?

-ptmusic

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he is. Geeky poker players are a new demographic that advertisers are trying to reach.

Lazymeatball
08-07-2005, 04:03 PM
Hopey, you seem to have a penchant for picking hideous avatars. I think they're ammusing but I always end up blocking them because they are just too creepy to look at.

Zeno
08-07-2005, 04:03 PM
Sorry, Salt - I coudn't even force myself to vote.

I'd rather listen to Booty Jams than either one of those bands.

-Zeno

ThaSaltCracka
08-08-2005, 12:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, Salt - I coudn't even force myself to vote.

I'd rather listen to Booty Jams than either one of those bands.

-Zeno

[/ QUOTE ]so true...