PDA

View Full Version : Sweet Dreams

07-20-2002, 10:34 PM
I can play golf all day, for medium to high stakes, and win or lose, sleep like a baby at night.

Ditto with backgammon, bridge, bowling, and any other gambling pursuit except...

...Poker. Win or lose I know I'll be staring at the ceiling for hours watching endless reruns of the hands played out during the session. It doesn't bother me anymore, it's been like this for decades.

I am curious if anybody else experiences the same phenomena and opinions on why this should occur. Best of luck, Billy (LTL)

07-20-2002, 11:38 PM
a lot of times im driving home thinking 'well, are they on to me yet ...'

but if you play a lot people are going to accidently play great against you a lot anyway, so i can never tell when i should switch my game around a bit.

one time i limp utg with AKo (something i never do, but game conditions seemed perfect for it), i flopped two pair, won a monster pot, and just thought about it and the implications for a long time.

brad

07-21-2002, 06:33 AM
it could be because you care enough about your game to improve it. so your replaying it looking for holes. sounds good to me.

b

07-21-2002, 10:26 AM
Perfectly said. Good post.

07-22-2002, 03:22 AM
happens to me all the time. especially when i've been playing often. i have dreams about poker, dream scenarios, where multiple aggressive opponents have really nice second-best hands and i have the nuts. hands where i might not know what to do, but want to figure it out. hands that actually happened, and how they could have been different, etc. you are not alone.