PDA

View Full Version : How can PokerTracker help me in SNG's?

Vee Quiva
07-25-2005, 10:37 AM
I've had a bit of a bad run at the $55 SNG's at Party Poker lately. I am trying to evaluate my play like a good player should.

What statistics should I look at in Poker Tracker to identify where my problems are?

Should I go back and look at the profitability of certain starting hands?

I noticed that I am losing money at the 50-100 level, is that worth investigating?

Ixnert
07-25-2005, 10:53 AM
I just bought PT myself, and have found the starting hand breakdown the most informative so far (looks like I'm playing AK too strongly early, and playing too many little suited aces), sometimes in combination with the by-level breakdown (AKo is a big loser for me early, but a big winner later, for example).

On the other hand, it seems like a lot of the statistics that would be very meaningful in a ring game (VP$IP, PFR%, etc.) are less so here, because the climbing blinds dictate so much of your action in SNGs.

I do get the feeling that there's a lot under the surface that I just haven't managed to figure out yet, though.

Phill S
07-25-2005, 11:54 AM
PM stupidsucker or Irie, they are definately using PT effectively (there will be a lot more) and might be able to send you in the right direction at least.

Phill