PDA

View Full Version : Problems with AK

wpr101
07-25-2005, 10:33 AM
Hi, I'm having trouble playing AK from pretty much any position in the Party Poker 11s. For example, say I'm third to act and there is one limper in level 2. I raise to 120 (4xBB).

Now there are there situations that come up that I have trouble with:

1) I get reraised by someone with enough chips to take me out/hurt me significantly. So I figure this means theres a good chance I'm against a pocket pair and I know that I'm about a 45-55 underdog here, but at this point I already have some money in so I'm getting the proper pot odds to play. I know that I'm better than 80% of the players in the 11s so should I play the coin flip (its essientially a 50-50 now adjusting for pot odds) here so early in the tourney?

2) I get between 1 or 2 calls. The flop misses me completely. Should I make a continuation bet here? If so, how much? When I've been making continuation style bets here they seemed to get called more often then they should. If it's called on the flop I usually try to check it down unless I hit an ace or king.

3) My ace or king hits. How much should I bet? Should I try to make a half size pot bet to build up the pot. Or should I overbet the pot to try and win it right there.

Any suggestions are welcome.

wulfheir
07-25-2005, 10:36 AM
I compiled some AK hand discussions last week.

Link (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=singletable&Number=293 1325&Forum=&Words=compilation&Searchpage=0&Limit=2 5&Main=2931325&Search=true&where=sub&Name=&dateran ge=1&newerval=1&newertype=w&olderval=&oldertype=&b odyprev=#Post2931325)

bluewilde
07-25-2005, 10:47 AM
Wow, I totally missed this. It's fantastic. Oh God I'm actually crying.