PDA

View Full Version : I'm looking for someone who knows how to make a program....

curtains
07-25-2005, 05:10 AM
A problem that can simulate sit and gos. For example, you enter the % of times you will get 1st place, 2nd place and 3rd place. You can enter the buyin and etc. The program then spits out results for a given number of sit and gos, which you can partition into days.

For instance you can input a 14 ROI and finish distribution, and tell it that you play 20 sit and gos per day. It will then spit them out into groups of 20...maybe youll ask for 1000,10000, or whatever. I mainly want to do this as it'll make it clear the kind of bad streaks that one can go on (based on ROI and ITM distribution) without having to just go by word of mouth.

I feel like most of this program would be pretty easy to create, but unfortunately not by me since I know nothing about computers...any takers?

curtains
07-25-2005, 05:16 AM
Unbelievable it seems like right above this there was a thread dealing with this very topic...

sahala
Can you spec the math out on paper? It also seems like you'd need to compare whatever model you have against existing data. If you have that ready to go coding should be a breeze.

sahala
yeah looks like you have your mercenary.

tigerite
07-25-2005, 05:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]

A problem that can simulate sit and gos. For example, you enter the % of times you will get 1st place, 2nd place and 3rd place. You can enter the buyin and etc. The program then spits out results for a given number of sit and gos, which you can partition into days.

For instance you can input a 14 ROI and finish distribution, and tell it that you play 20 sit and gos per day. It will then spit them out into groups of 20...maybe youll ask for 1000,10000, or whatever. I mainly want to do this as it'll make it clear the kind of bad streaks that one can go on (based on ROI and ITM distribution) without having to just go by word of mouth.

I feel like most of this program would be pretty easy to create, but unfortunately not by me since I know nothing about computers...any takers?

[/ QUOTE ]

There was a post with one of these not long ago, I still have it on my hard drive at home, SNG Test.exe or something like that.. works pretty well, too. You can't input ROI but you can the % of 1st, 2nd and 3rd, which I guess is the same thing.

bjb23
07-25-2005, 05:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]

There was a post with one of these not long ago, I still have it on my hard drive at home, SNG Test.exe or something like that.. works pretty well, too. You can't input ROI but you can the % of 1st, 2nd and 3rd, which I guess is the same thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i have it too. not sure who to give credit. its a .rar file and i can email it to you if youd like.

bj

AleoMagus
07-25-2005, 05:26 AM
I made something like this for excel a while ago

www.aleomagus.freeservers.com/Spreadsheet (http://www.aleomagus.freeservers.com/Spreadsheet)

It is the variance Demo2 file

Regards
Brad S

pergesu
07-25-2005, 05:38 AM
OMG USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION MORAN!!!!!11one (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=2625490&page=&view=&s b=5&o=&vc=1)

curtains
07-25-2005, 05:49 AM
lol

durron597
07-25-2005, 07:45 AM
I am certain that eastbay has done this before.