PDA

View Full Version : RIIIIIIVEERRRRR - 33

shant
07-25-2005, 03:23 AM
Preflop you can say what you think. I had been raising a lot and people were having less and less respect for what I was raising with, so I called hoping for more limpers.

SB is a 40/14/0.9 who hasn't done anything to make me notice him.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: I am MP2 with 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, I call, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">I bet</font>, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: (2.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">I bet</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">I 3-bet</font>, SB calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, I do what and how close is it?

KDawgCometh
07-25-2005, 03:33 AM
i think I', raising and calling a 3 bet. Its possible that they have a straight, but I'd pay off a three bet reluctantly

jason_t
07-25-2005, 03:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop you can say what you think. I had been raising a lot and people were having less and less respect for what I was raising with, so I called hoping for more limpers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't get preflop. If people are losing respect for you, you're asking to be isolated and 33 is not a hand I want to play OOP HU for two bets.

shant
07-25-2005, 03:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I really don't get preflop. If people are losing respect for you, you're asking to be isolated and 33 is not a hand I want to play OOP HU for two bets.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I'm pretty convinced now that if I wasn't raising this, the better choice was folding.

benwood
07-25-2005, 03:42 AM
He's eith er afraid that you want a free showdown, and he's too strong to allow it, or he may be even stronger and be hoping for you to raise so he can 3-bet. If the later is the case,you're beat, most likely. Sinse the pot is so small I wouldn't want to commit a lot of bets on this risky situation.Justcall, imo.

ArturiusX
07-25-2005, 03:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i think I', raising and calling a 3 bet. Its possible that they have a straight, but I'd pay off a three bet reluctantly

[/ QUOTE ]

Are we reading the same hand? Doesnt hero have a fullhouse here?

HolyBejeesus
07-25-2005, 03:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]

SB is a 40/14/0.9 who hasn't done anything to make me notice him.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: I am MP2 with 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, I call, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">I bet</font>, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: (2.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">I bet</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">I 3-bet</font>, SB calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, I do what and how close is it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just call, it's not very close. You already told villain that you had two pair+ and now he's betting into you again. I don't think he CR's this turn with a naked 9, and this would be a pretty dumb way to play a straight. It looks like he has K9 or Q9 for a rivered FH.

KDawgCometh
07-25-2005, 04:05 AM
yes, but from a player of those stats what does he three bet that we can beat most often on the river

mack848
07-25-2005, 04:08 AM
I play well below 15/30.

I initially thought he could have KQ, JT, K9 or Q9. But I doubt this player would call the flop, chasing a gutshot with JT, given the 4:1 odds. I would also expect a flop raise if he had KQ.

This leads me to conclude that Hero is not ahead a sufficient proportion of the time to make a river raise profitable. Or that the Villian is poor!

RedZak
07-25-2005, 04:18 AM
This has to be a raise. K9, Q9 are the only hands to be afraid of and the Villain's possible range of hands here seems pretty big to me. You bet that flop in position, against the blinds, who had both checked. The SB has no reason to give you credit for a hand as big as a set. He could be making a play on the turn with a lot of hands worse than Q9 or K9. I think you are ahead MOST of the time here. You also mentioned your laggy image. This makes it even more likely that you were being played back at with something a little less strong than usual. Take advantage of the image you've built here and raise this, you should be paid off by a lot of hands.

flawless_victory
07-25-2005, 04:52 AM
fold PF.
call RIV.
ok.

HolyBejeesus
07-25-2005, 04:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Villain's possible range of hands here seems pretty big to me ... He could be making a play on the turn with a lot of hands worse than Q9 or K9

[/ QUOTE ]

After you 3-bet the turn, Villain's river donkbet isn't playing back at you at this point. There is an outside chance that he has a terribly played 9, or a "clever" AA that thinks it just beat your 2 pair, but these are rare exceptions.

Calling is best.

Chris Daddy Cool
07-25-2005, 05:04 AM
if 15-30 still plays the way i remember it played, 33 is a muck here especially considering the conditions you provided.

raise the river homie.

billyjex
07-25-2005, 06:11 AM
raise and it's not close IMO.